Eavesdropping gone wrong...

When we got to the genetics lecture, the lights were already dimmed and the professor was about to start speaking. Everyone turned their heads to look at us, and I felt my cheeks start to heat up. I tried looking down to avoid the stares. Victor led the way to some empty chairs in the middle of the room.

"Pardon me!" Victor said, not minding the students as they had to remove their laptops from the lecture tables as he squeezed by, with me trailing right behind. I took out my laptop and opened Microsoft word to start my first notes of the semester.

When I finally mustered the courage to look up from my screen, a pair of blue eyes looking at me caught me off guard. It was such a unique shade of blue; even under the dimmed light I could tell.... or it must just be me. If my cheeks were heated up before... this cheeks are ON FIRE now ;)

He abruptly turned back around to face the professor. I tried paying attention to the class, too. But every so often I felt my eyes wandered back to him. The mystery boy.

Ten minutes before lecture was supposed to end, the professor said, "Have a discussion about this concept with the people sitting next to you, and we'll touch base afterwards." Oh great, chit chat.

I face towards Victor, but my eyes still loomed over the blue-eyed angel.. I mean boy. "So..." I said, not really sure what we were supposed to talk about. I was not even paying attention to what the teacher said. "Explain the concept, I guess...?"

"Sure. I mean he said it pretty straightforward, like...." I know I'm an ass, but I did not listen to a single word Victor said after that. I tried eavesdropping on the boy sitting in front of me. And who is that blonde girl he is sitting with? He is already taken, not that I care, hehe. They were having a very passionate conversation, in whispers that I could not hear. "No.... I mean its this way... you SUCK at this game!" From what I overheard, that is definitely not what we were supposed to talk about.

I leaned over in my chair for a minute to see what he was doing, but then the chair creaked a bit, and before I could see what game they were playing on his laptop, the two turned their heads to look at me. CRAP!!