The princess has awoken

Because I have a longer weekend, I decided to write another chapter. Enjoy :3

Trigger warnings: teen drinking, vomit

"O-oh.. Ha-hi cutie!" I slurred, wiping the vomit from my mouth. Did I just say that aloud? Crap.

"Jeez, Enoch! Are you drunk?" Jake did not seem to pick up what I just said. He shook the vomit from his shoe, bits of my old lunch flinging onto the wooden floor. I tried to take the hand he offered me, but I swayed too much and fell on my butt instead. "Yeah, you're really drunk." There was a hint of amusement in his voice that I could scarcely decipher in my drunken state.

"No, you're drunk!" I said, laughing till my diaphragm hurt. A big goofy grin make its way on my face. The world was spinning, and so was my common sense.

"Come on, Enoch. Up!" Jacob used both of his arms to heave me up.

"No!" I pouted. "The floor is my best friend." I started laughing some more. Could I let my cold and serious reputation sink more than it was now? I don't think so.

"Enoch, stop being a baby!" Jake laughed. He pulled me along, weaving me through the stoned, drunken and sober students. We stopped by a vacant couch away from the center of the party. "Sit and stay here. I'm going to get you some water."

I watched Jake sprint away, accidently crashing into a girl and causing her to spill her drink, followed by a panicked apology from him. I laughed at this, lounging comfortably on the couch, staring up at the white ceiling. As I was lying there, my thoughts drifted to Jacob Portman. For someone I spoke to (as in an actual conversation) less than 24 hours, I thought he was a pretty cool guy. And I found myself wanting him to come back soon.

My boredom, that seemed to last forever, was broken by Horace strutting towards me. Or more like staggering forwards me, obviously drunk. When he was close enough, he launched his entire body onto the couch, colliding against my legs on the process. "What's up?!" He shrieked.

I laughed at his antics. "I-I'm lying down, be-because I-I'm dead!" After I said this, I dramatically gripped my chest, pretending to be dead.

"Noooooo! My b-best f-friend!! Why cruel world, w-why!!!!" I opened my eyes a little bit to see Horace bowing down on my body, as though he was grieving. "I know w-what will make you feel b-better." Before I had time to react (which let's be honest, will take me much shorter if I was sober), Horace pulled himself so his face was next to mine, and with one hand gripped my brown curls around my neck, while the other was resting on my chest, and kissed me. I was shocked, to say the least. He tried to deepen the kiss, and due to my shock and overall weakness, he succeeded.

When Horace pulled away he seemed rather pleased. "The princess has awoken!" He squealed delightedly. I heard someone clear their throat. Horace picked himself off of me so I could see it was none other than the little shit, Jacob Portman.