THIS IS A GENETICS CLASS!!

"Uhhh, so Horace... I have a date, I guess." I chuckled over the phone as I made my way back to the dorm. 

     "A DATE?!!" Horace shrieked so loud that my reflexes made me fling my iPhone onto the grass. I quickly picked it up, glad to see no damage was done, and held my phone back to my ear. He was still talking and I had no idea what he was rambling about. "AHHHHH!! MY BABY BOY IS GROWING UP! Now, tell me the deats!" 

     "Well, a sorta date... a study date." 

     "Well, progress is progress. Now, who made the move?" 

     "I did." 

     "I'm so proud!!" 

    "Uh-huh. I was about to confess, but I got too nervous last minute and mentioned midterms and that we should have a study date." 

     "Wow!! So he's handsome and smart?!" I can feel Horace smirking over the phone... is that even possible? 

     "Ha, you wish! But I sorta need to ask you a favor..." 

     "Anything." 

     "Okay, before you get your panties in a bunch, I need advice on the outfit--" 

     "Say no more, I'll be at your place in a jiffy!" And with that, the line hung up. 

     Enoch, what have you put yourself through?! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

     It was 7:30... 30 more minutes till the study "date". 

    Horace was already at my dorm when I had come home earlier and the outfit was already set. I was questioning his fashion taste and he became so offended, almost shed a tear even. 

     "This is the only thing I'm good at," he cried. "If I can't do this right, I might as well die!" Then he fell on the ground dramatically, crying on the floor. 

    "Okay, okay. I'll wear them." And just like that, his tears evaporated... that sneaky bastard. 

     "Thought so." 

     And that is how I found myself wearing a white collared shirt under a vintage vest with some horrid (and scratchy!) pants. 

     "Just sayin', this aint me!" 

     "If you get the booty, then just call me your fairy godmother." 

     "HORACE!" 

     "You were probably thinking it!" 

     "Please, you wish." I checked the  time on my phone. 7:48. "Ah, for bird's sake, I'm gonna be late." 

     "Ooh, eager. Well, go get him tiger." 

     "Ha ha, so funny." I picked my black back pack from the floor and made sure to bring the drawing of the highly accurate picture of the heart I made earlier. I figured if I can't physically confess my feeling aloud, I can give Jake the hint with a drawing of the cardiac muscle. Heh, that doesn't sound the least bit romantic when you put it that way, more like a threat. I love my dark sense of humor! ;)

     I searched for Jacob Portman when I arrived at the library a couple minutes later. Not here yet. Cool, now I have time to compose myself. I chose a table clearly visible from the library's entrance, but away from other students. While I still had the time, I checked my reflection from the glass window I sat by, ruffling my curls. I causally smelled my armpits, but the only aroma I was receiving was the pleasant scent of my spiced deodorant. I got to admit, for once I do not look like some sort of corpse or bringer of death. Ew.