This is not a pity drink.

I looked out of the window as the lady brought us our drinks: black coffee for me and a sugary vanilla Frappuccino for Jake.

"Aren't we missing class?" Jake asked, taking his first sip from his beverage.

"Couldn't really care about that right now," I chuckled, bringing my attention to his blue gaze.

Nobody said anything for a bit. The slow buzz of the café and small chatter of other college students could be heard though. I swirled the small stick the lady provided in my drink, watching the steam rise from the pastel blue cup. "Why did you want me to come for coffee?" Jake hesitantly asked.

It took me a few seconds to answer. I did not know why I wanted Jacob in my presence. Weird thoughts flew around my head. I just gave the simplest response possible. "I just wanted some company. Why, is it weird?" Jake shook his head instantly.

"No. I just don't want this to be pity drink you're offering me."

"Of course not! I like spending time with you." I don't know why I confessed that. It just came out of my mouth naturally, without any thought. I could have sworn I saw a small tint of blush coming across his normally pale face. He looked away from my eyes and to his drink.

"Well, I'm glad."

After our drinks, I dragged Jake off to the nearby stores.

"Why are we here?" The raven-haired boy asked.

"I kinda had a fight with Horace..." I rubbed my neck in embarrassment. "So I figured to get something for him to make up for it." I was browsing through the plushies section. I knew I found the right one when I spotted a teddy bear with a top hat; it reminded me of the diva. I took the teddy off from its shelf and picked up some caramel-filled chocolates. "I think this should do."

After shopping for Horace we went to get some ice cream nearby and headed back towards the dorms with our cones. "You wanna come over?" I asked uncertainly. "I mean, you don't ha--"

"Yes." Jake interrupted. I smiled a bit as we headed towards the elevator and clicked on my floor. Before I took out my keys, I turned towards Jake. "My roommate is a bit odd... don't mind him."

"If I can handle you, I can handle anyone." Jake joked. I punched his arm lightly then went back to opening the door.

"Welcome to my home, I guess." Jake took a moment to look around. He quite admired my poster of the human anatomy on the wall. His eyes gleamed with curiosity as he browsed through my small book collection I brought from home. Light filtered in through the little window. Thank the bird Millard was gone at least. His area was clustered with papers and textbooks, but that shall be ignored.

"Cool room," Jake finally said. I just shrugged my shoulders. "Much cooler than mine at least." He took a seat on my messy bed. I sat next to him. I set my bag down and the bag of things I bought for Horace. Then I noticed Jake start fumbling with his hands. A nervous tic, I noted. His eyes darted around the room, seeming to avoid looking at me.

"Anything wrong?" I inquired.

"I need to confess something."