Mission: Get Jacob Portman

"Of course you are! You're so obvious." 

      I snorted annoyingly at the diva. I came out and this is what he says. "Whatever. Now what do I do about it?" 

     "About what?" 

     "You know what I mean. Jake...." 

     "I'm pretty sure the normal thing to do is tell him how you feel? Like, he's so gay for you. You're lucky you don't have to try hard--" 

     "Drop it Somnusson! You're my best friend since we were little kids. It's different." 

     "I'm joking!" Horace put his hands up in defense. "But for real, just talk to him." 

     I gave it some thought. I was really worried that he'd reject me. And I finally came to my realization that I can't deny these feelings any longer. "But... I can't just TELL him," I put emphasis on the word 'tell'. 

     "Of course you can." Horace clapped me on the shoulders. "You can do anything Enoch. I trust in you." 

     "What if I get my words jumbled up? What if I messed up so badly that I lose my chance?! What if-" 

     "Hush!! You're Enoch O'fucking Connor!!! Of course you can tell him, and you'd get him." My cheeks turned pink at my best friend's outburst.  

     "Okay." We sat in our seats in understood silence, something that can only occur with someone very close to you. "Di-did you know we kissed? Well, Jake kissed me.." I mumbled, breaking the peace, minus the background noise of the cafeteria. 

     "YOU DID!!!! TELL ME ABOUT IT!!" Horace squealed like a baby. 

     "There isn't much to tell. It was sorta in the moment. But since then I haven't seen Jake. I think he realized his mistake and ran out of the room, never wanting to see me again." 

     "Bullshit." Horace muttered. "No one ever just kisses someone without meaning into it." I think he was referring to our kiss at the party. But I knew what he meant. "You need to find the lad. And tell him how you feel." I didn't utter a single word. I didn't twitch a single muscle. I didn't even blink. Then Horace held out a pinkie finger. "Promise me you'll tell Jake your feelings. PROMISE ME!!" 

     "Jeesh!! Okay, okay." I intertwined my fingers with his polished, perfect one. 

     "This is our official 'Mission: Get Jacob Portman!!" 

     "Uh-huh." I rolled my eyes, taking back my finger to grasp my cup and drink the remnants of the now-cold coffee. 

     "Also, when you get married you have to promise me I'll be your Best Man at the wedding!!!" 

    I nearly choked on my coffee. "TOO EARLY!!!!!!!!!"

*** Author's Note: Sorry, I feel like this is a shorter chapter?? But tomorrow is my last exam (wish me luck DX) and after that I can write more often :)