Midterms!!! DX

For the past week, Jake and I had been having study dates, preparing for the midterms. I felt we got closer and closer, and though the main reason for these "dates" was to study, we joked around a lot and learned more about each other. 

   And finally, it was the day of the exam!! I hardly had a wink of sleep the night before, as Jake and the tests were on my mind. 

     I woke up,  smacking my alarm clock that wouldn't stop ringing, sending it skidding across the room. Then my phone went off. I rubbed my tired eyes, and staggered towards the phone. It was a text from Jake. 

     Jake: Good luck on the exams!! 

     Enoch: You too! 

      I smiled as I sent the text. Then I threw on some clothes I found under my bed, combed my tussled locks, brushed my teeth, grabbed my bag, and left to get some coffee before my first exam. 

     The test room was already filled with students. I looked around to see if Jake was here. He was sitting in the second row.  Unfortunately,  everyone had assigned seats, and I  was placed near the back. I sat in the chair and took out a pencil, blasting music through my earphones while I waited. 

     "Phones away!" The teacher finally announced. "If I see them out, it is an immediate zero on your test. Scantrons are being passed now. Do NOT open the test booklets when they are handed to you." 

     A quiet girl, Olive, handed me the stack of scantrons for our row as it was handed to her from the student beside her. 

     "Thanks," I muttered. I took one and handed it to the next kid on my left. When everyone had received their scantrons and test booklet, the teacher gave us the signal to start. 

     I quickly opened the book and began circling the answers on the actual test before filling in the bubbles on the scantron. Damn, these questions were TOO easy!! Lot of the questions asked the same stuff Jake and I particularly studied. I hope he is doing well. I tried to get a peek at Jake ahead, without seeming like I was trying to cheat. All I could see was a glimpse of his black hair. 

     I was one of the first to be done, with thirty minutes remaining. I walked towards the front of the room, locking eyes with Jake as the professor was matching my student ID with what I put on the scantron. The American  seemed very anxious. The professor took my testing materials from me, and I left the room. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "I don't think I did well!" Jake seemed out of breathe. We were in the cafeteria having some coffee after the genetics exam.

     "Don't worry about it too much. I'm sure you did fine!" I sipped my coffee. 

     "Nope, I certainly failed!! I'm just no good at this type of stuff." 

     "Jake, breathe." I noticed Jake was on the verge of another panic attack. I took in a deep breathe and slowly let it out, and Jake copied me. "Better?" 

     "Ye." 

     "When are the results released?" 

     "I think tomorrow?" 

     "Well, we can hang out when the results are in. And you'll see it will be okay." 

     "Yeah, maybe you're right," Jake said sheepishly. 

     "No, Portman. I'm always right," I smirked. 

     "Woooow, okay then Mr. Cocky!" Jake hit my shoulder lightly. 

     We stayed in the cafeteria for a while longer, talking nonsense and general banter. Then we left to go to our next exam we had together, English. This time I felt out of my depths, and I'll admit only to myself that I felt like I didn't do so well. 

     Basically, this day was filled with boring exams and lots of stress!! And sooner then I expected, the day's exams were over and it was nighttime. 

     I was lying on my bed, listening to music while Millard was up on his top bed, studying for the next exams (which I may add were weeks away...nerd!). Then my music stopped playing as someone was trying to call. I was too tired to see who was calling and immediately picked it up so I can go back to my music. 

     "Hello," I mumbled into the speaker. 

    "Hey, Enoch." It was Jake!!

     "Oh, what's up?" 

     "I was wondering if you actually mean it... if you can be there with me when the results are in. Ha ha... I kinda need the moral support." It sounded like Jake was crying earlier; his voice was very husky. It made me worry. 

     "Of course I meant it!" I had no idea why he was so worried about the exams. "I'll come over to your place tomorrow." 

     "Great!" And then he hung up as soon as he called. Now that was weird. 

     I wonder what Jake is hiding??