Teddy Bear Hug

I was shocked to say the least. What the bloody hell just happened?!! I'll tell you what, Jacob fucking Portman just kissed me!!!

Millard was still standing by the doorway awkwardly. "Wow, I've never seen you smile before," Millard observed aloud. "And to be honest, it is quite frightening." He pushed the glasses up the ridge of his freckled nose. I gave him a glare and picked my bag up. At least Jake think it's cute?

I ignored Millard and marched out of the room, heading straight towards room 420. I need to fix the issues between Horace and me once in for all. I knocked on the door several times but just let myself in anyway. Unsurprisingly, it wasn't locked.

When I entered in, I did not see Horace anywhere. Instead, I found Horace's roommate, Abe. I remembered him from the night Horace had a chilling nightmare. He was on his bed with Emma from my genetics lecture. They were watching a movie on his laptop, but when I, I guess some call "rudely", let myself in, Abe paused the movie; it was Twilight.

"Oh, sorry for interrupting," I muttered. "I just came lookin for Horace?"

"It's alright. It was Enoch, right? Horace is in the bathroom. You can wait here." He gave a little smile.

"Th-thanks." I set my stuff on the desk I presumed to be Horace's and took a seat. The movie was resumed. Emma and Abe seemed really close; I observed this from my spot. Then I remembered what Victor told me... Emma already had a boyfriend. I automatically assumed it to be Jake, but now I know that it is extremely, I mean EXTREMELY unlikely. And come to think of it, Abe looked very familiar. So that means he must be Emma's boyfriend...

*LE GASP*

I KNOW ABE NOW!! He was the boy who came with Jake in the English lecture. And that means... Jake is the fraternal twin Abe was talking about the night Horace had the nightmare. Now it is all making sense! I wanted to make sure my conclusions are accurate.. so I asked a very simple question. "How is Jake?" I asked when there quieter parts of the movie played.

"Oh, Jake is doing fine. He says a lot of great things abut you, you know?" Abe was smiling over the laptop.

"Really?!" I felt a warm feeling inside.

"Are you blushing?" Emma said out of nowhere. It wasn't until her comment that I realized I was heating up. Why does my pale face have to always give me away?!

"N-no!" I stuttered defensively.

"Okay." Emma gave me a little wink.

Before I could say anything, Horace came out of the bathroom. His hair was drenched and messy, but his clothes looked as fabulous as ever. He looked very surprised to see me here. "What do you want, Enoch?" He was dragging the towel through his hair.

"I wanted to apologize." I looked behind Horace to Emma and Abe who dismissed their movie completely to watch the drama unfold before them. "Uh.. can we go somewhere with a bit of privacy?"

"Okay, lead the way." I picked up my bag and walked myself out of the room. Emma and Abe seemed a bit disappointed we were leaving, but I could distinctly hear Emma whisper to Horace, "Tell me the deets later!"

We arrived onto the top of the dorm building. The only things that could overhear us were the pigeons waddling nearby.

After a long sigh, I said," Horace, I want to apologize...."

Horace seemed unconvinced. "Go on."

"I know I've been a pathetic best friend. And I know I just hurt your feelings more than I've ever hurt you before. And I regret it all. I... I know you meant that kiss. But I don't. And that doesn't mean I don't love you. I do love you. Like a brother. Like a partner in crime. Like my best friend. I hope we can still be best friends." As I said this, I pulled the teddy bear with the top hat (it was holding the chocolates in its furry arms) and handed it over to him. His eyes brightened at the sight of the bear. "It reminded me of you," I explained as he was hugging the bear to his chest. "And it would lure away all your nightmares."

"I LOVE IT!!" He squealed. He looked at me for a few seconds, still trying to look mad. But I know he couldn't stand being mad at me for long, so with one arm extended towards me, Horace pulled me into a bear hug (ha, cause there is a teddy bear... so a "bear" hug XD). "I forgive you!!" He said when he broke from the hug, but still hanging on tight to his teddy bear. "But these chocolates are all MINE!!"

"Alright, alright." I put my hands up in surrender. We both burst out laughing and hugged again.

"I missed you so much!!" Horace said. "But please, let's get back inside. This wind is going to ruin my hair!!!"

"Pssh, drama queen."