Hey. It's Enoch.

****Trigger warning for the ending... some mature content (I guess).

     "Thanks for the notes," I said to Victor at the next genetics lecture, putting the neatly-written notes Victor handed me in my folder.

     "No prob. But next time I decide to skip lecture you have to do the honor of writing my notes for me." He said this with a devilish smirk.

     "Fine." I huffed. The lights started dimming and the lecture slideshow popped up at the front of the room. I opened up a new document on my laptop and took out clean paper and a pencil. It was then that I noticed Jake wasn't in the room. I looked forward to where Emma was sitting and noticed the raven-haired boy wasn't with her. I scanned the rest of the lecture room, but no Jake anywhere. Oh well.

     The professor was talking pretty fast and going through the slideshow like it was a marathon. The distractions in my head (*cough Jake *cough) was making it difficult to catch up with the lesson. The professor stopped after a while, telling the students to discuss the questions in the presentation with the people sitting next to you.

     "You seem lost."

      "What?" I was still trying to add stuff into my document, typing away at lightning speed.

     "Dude, we gotta talk about the answers to the questions."

     "In a minute..."

"You were looking for Jake, weren't you?"

My typewriting paused for a brief moment as Victor's response quite shocked me. Am I all that obvious? Then a replied with a very unconvincing, "No." So unconvincing that not even I believed myself.

"Then what was that whole scene that happened last lecture?"

"Oh, Victor. Not even I know what happened that day."

The professor called for our attention back to the front of the class to give the answers to the questions. And the rest of the class went on how it was supposed to go, without angsty college students screaming about liking boys and running out of the class (oop...).

I went through my other classes that unfortunately Jake did not attend. I still kept wondering where Jake was, especially after running out of my room the way he did just two days ago. Since then, I haven't seen him. I wondered what I did wrong?

When I arrived back to my dorm, and thankfully Millard was gone, I took a long hot shower. It was time to open up the books afterwards. But of course, my mind was elsewhere. Still, I needed to do well in these classes if I was ever to be somebody in life. As I was shuffling through my bag I found a ripped up piece of paper on the bottom. It was Jake's number scrawled messily. I picked up my phone and entered Jake's number. I hesitantly type a message.

Enoch: Hey. It's Enoch! I remembered you gave me your number :)

I meticulously judged my text, though there wasn't much to fathom. I decided to take away some details and then without thinking about it too much, sent the message.

Enoch: Hey. It's Enoch.

I waited a few seconds for the text to go through, and almost instantly I saw the *seen at 7:43* under the text. I was hoping Jake would send a reply back, but I ended up watching my phone for four minutes straight without any luck. I kept my phone near in case Jake did text back, but my phone was silent the new two hours, aside from Victor's texts and my notifications for tumblr going through.

By 10:30 I decided it was time to sleep. I put my phone on the desk to recharge, picked up my alarm clock off the floor, where I had thrown it across the room from this morning, and onto my bedside table, and got underneath my warm, black covers. As I lay tossing and turning in the night, the one person that kept crossing my mind was Jacob Portman. I felt a smile form on my face from the thoughts.

Then things got weird. In my dreams. And he was doing weird stuff. And I was doing weird stuff!!!!! And in the middle of the night when I woke up to get a drink of water, I felt something wet in my covers. I felt my face burn in shame as I facepalmed myself.

"Well, shit."