No Jacob Portman

"We need to find out where that party tomorrow is going to be." I was in the café alone, sipping black coffee at the very back where no one was. Horace was on the call as I held my phone to my ear. 

     "Okay.. but where do you think he meant by the 'usual place' was?" 

     "I don't know!" I said in frustration. "...." 

     "You there, Enoch?" 

     "Yeah... just thinking." There was more silence on the call. "...Abe is your roommate. Do you think you could ask, as unsuspiciously as possible, where that party is going to take place?" 

     "Yeah, I can definitely ask. I'm sure if Jake knows about this party that Abe would also know." 

     "Okay, great!" I said excitedly. "When you get the details text me back!" 

     Somehow, though, I could already tell where the party was. I just needed clarification. I'm gonna get back at that bastard named Jacob Portman!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Later that night, Horace texted me about that party. 

     Horace: It was the one we went to earlier in the semester. Remember? The one where we got so drunk and... yeah I'm pretty sure you know the one. 

     Enoch: Yup, don't need you to go on about that XP

     Horace: Ha ha! Anyway, starts at 9. 

     Enoch: Good. Meet me at my place before going. We have to arrive together. 

     Horace: Okay! Good night, little gremlin!! <3

     Enoch: Good night Drama Queen!! 

     It was nearing 8:30 later the next evening... the day of that damn party. Horace was in my dorm, already dressed up. I was still changing... I needed to wear the perfect outfit to get a specific boy jealous. 

     "How is this?" I showed Horace my clothes: the usual black jeans and a black dress shirt. 

     "Lose the jeans and add in some fancy pants." Horace, being the ultimate fashionista, informed me. 

     "Fancy pants? What the fuck is 'fancy pants'?!" 

     "You know, the type of pants you wear with that dress shirt." 

     "I don't own any of those!!" 

     "Well, I do!! And you're in luck, they're also in black!!" Without saying another word, Horace dashed out of my room. Minutes later, he returned with said pants and a red tie. "Trust me, you'll look smartly in them!!" 

     "Turn around again!" Horace obeyed my command and I quickly squeezed out of my pants and into the borrowed pants. I was left with the tie, which I had some problems with as I wondered how to tie a tie. 

     "Need some help?"

     "Please." Horace took a few steps towards me and took the red tie, placing it carefully around the collar of my shirt and tying it on. "You-look-amazing!!!" He squealed. 

     I went to check myself out in my mirror. I was quite pleased with my appearance as I twirled in front of the mirror. "Wow!" I sighed. "I look like a MCR member!!" 

     The party was off campus like the last couple times it took place. If I recalled correctly, this was the house of one of Abe's friends? He must really like to party. A handful of people were already there as we arrived at 9:10. Many of the people present were eager to rid of their sober state, as they chugged down cups full of punch in the red solo cups. Horace and I came in already holding hands in case Jake was there watching us.