Boyfriend :/

I hardly got a wink of sleep before the alarm clock by my bed shrilled annoyingly. I grabbed it and threw it across the tiny room; it did not get far as it was still plugged into the dirty, beige wall. I closed my eyes for a couple minutes before suddenly lifting my upper body up and swinging my legs over the bed. 

     There were some of my clothes sprawled on the floor. I gave it a sniff test, which surprisingly it passed and I swapped my pjs for them. As usual, it was a black t-shirt and black jeans for me. I squeezed my feet into my worn out converse, too lazy to actually put them on. And I was out the door with my backpack, not even bothering to lock the door behind. 

     As I was waiting for the elevator to come to my floor, a sudden weight was put on my shoulders. "Hiya Enoch!!" A obnoxious voice sounded through my ears. 

     "OI!!" I yelled, bringing my hands to cover my ears. I was not surprised to see it was Horace. "Be careful with my precious ears, you arse!" 

     I heard Horace giggle, bouncing on the balls of his feet. "You seem excited?" I arched my brow. 

     "Not really. Buuuut, there is this big party this Friday. Abe gave me the invite this morning, knows the guy I guess. You should come!" 

     "Nahhhh, parties aren't really my thing, mate." 

     "Pleeeeeease, you dark little gremlin!" Horace was begging on his knees now. "Come with me!! I'll be lonely!" His little puppy eyes were hard to say no to. 

     "You're making it hard for me to say no!!" The elevator opened just as I said this. The tired student in the elevator was probably wondering what the hell was going on when they saw a weird blonde kid, on the floor, kissing the dirty shoes of another kid, and giving him puppy eyes from the floor. I wanted to smack Horace right there and now, but chose to shove Horace's face away from my converse and walk into the elevator. Horace picked himself off the floor and hurried inside before the elevator closed on him.

     "You didn't give me an answer." Horace muttered quietly into my ears. 

     "Fine! I'll go! As long as you stop talking." I whispered-yelled. 

     "Oh, but you know I cannot not talk." I gave him the look... you know the look that said, "be careful or those might be your last words" or something like that. And thank the bird, Horace did not utter a single word the rest of the way down. When the elevator dinged, indicating we arrived at the lobby, I waved Horace good-bye and headed towards the cafeteria to get myself some good ol' dose of caffeine. 

     Then it was my first day of my English class, on Western literature from the early 1900s. How fun (sarcasm of course). 

     I was glad to see Victor there first. 

     "Wass up?" Victor didn't even look up from the phone. He was texting again, of course. We were seated in desks at the back of the room. Unlike classes from the previous day, this was going to be a much smaller class, with a normal classroom seating. 

     "I'm okay, a little tired. You?" 

     "I-I'm al-alright." Victor's voice cracked a bit, and when he looked up from his phone I could see very faint tear-tracks that have dried on his face. 

     "Are you okay?" was the first thing I asked... maybe I should have phrased my concern in a different way, as his 'alright' façade was torn and he started on another bout of tears. You know me, I'm no good with dealing with other people's feelings. 

     "S-she h-h-has a boyfriend!" He threw himself onto my shoulder, wetting it with his salty tears. 

     "I already expected tha-- I mean she does? Oh my gosh, like, I can't believe it!" 

     "Oh, shut up, Enoch!" His clutches around my shoulder intensified. "Just say it. I know you're dying to!" 

     "Fine. I told you so!" I smirked. When he got off from my shoulder I stuck my tongue at him, which he yanked at, causing me to gag. And then we both started laughing. "Don't worry, you'll find someone. You only knew Emma for a day, after all. Don't be so desperate." Victor made a face at me, and I punched him lightly on the shoulder. 

     More students started drifting into the class as Victor tried to wipe off the tears from his face. Two boys were walking side-by-side towards the front of the class. From behind they looked like they could be twins. And then I saw it was the mystery boy from yesterday with someone else. 

     "That's him!" Victor whispered, pointing at the boy. "The boyfriend!"