1

Mason in MM

Keeping his hood pulled over his head, Mason gently pulled at the hairs on his chin as he sat inside his car outside his younger sister's school, patiently waiting on her to come out.

As usual, he was picking his sister up because she had once again gotten in trouble, probably because she got in a fight, but whatever the reason, he would hear it once she got in his car.

Finally seeing her come out the office door, arguing with one of the AP's, he just shook his head and sighed softly, watching her. Once she made it to the curb, she ignored everything he was saying and walked straight to the car with her usual mug on her face.

Opening the door, she got inside, threw her bag in the floorboard, then slammed the door shut as she pulled her hood over her head, letting out a loud huff.

"What happened this time?" Mason asked her as he put the gear shift in D and easily drove out of the parking lot. "Dad didn't go into detail."

"A group of girls were talking about me again." She mumbled, staring out the window. "I don't get why everyone tries to pick on me. I didn't do nothing to anyone, yet they always have something to say."

"Well... that's life, Mani." He told her simply. "People talk, and it doesn't matter what you do, somebody will always have a negative opinion. Your problem is that you solve everything with violence when you need to just let it go and walk away."

"You sound like dad." She mumbled.

"Do I?" He frowned, "Damn." He sighed, making her crack a small smile as she looked at him. "What did they say, Mani?" He chuckled.

"Well... there was three of them this time." She said, making him glance at her briefly before he put his eyes back on the road. "And they came up to my table and just sat down next to me. Me and Amir sit together and that's it, and they came up and they started talking to me first. They called me weird, one made fun of me for wearing my contacts instead of the glasses, and I was ignoring it. I ignored it like dad told me too, but then they started picking on Amir... and you know he doesn't defend himself." She frowned. "He just let them pick at him so I told her to back off and she stood up trying to act intimidating... so I got up and showed her who the intimidating one was." She explained. "Girls are mean, Mase. That's why I don't have any friends."

"That's not true." He smacked his lips. "You got Danielle." He said. "And when you're not beating his ass, you got Davon'Tae."

"Oh.. yeah." She nodded, making him laugh.

"Well, since you're stuck with me, you have to come to the gym with me." He said, "I have a small session then I have a class to teach, and so help me God Blessing, if I catch you staring at any of them little boys for too long, I'm calling dad so we can tag team him."

"You suck." She mumbled, leaning her head on the window.

"Mhm, and while we're there, you can start on your homework."

"Okay."

Arriving at the gym that belonged to him, Mason got out of his car and waited for Blessing to do the same before he locked the doors. Keeping her close to his side, he went inside the building and smiled politely at one of his employees who was right by the front door.

"Ew." Blessing mumbled, rolling her eyes as Jocelyn strolled over to them.

"Mani." Mason glanced at her before looking at the woman and smiling softly. "Hey, bae."

"Hey baby." She smiled, wrapping her arms around his waist as she reached up and kissed his cheek. "Hi Domani."

"Hi." Blessing said, forcing a smile.