7

It feels like I'm in a race
The way I'm running to your heart
And running away from another
A vision of your face
Is enough to break a man down
Like a bottom looking for cover
I promised that Id be faithful
Tryna let you down graceful
I don't wanna make this more than it has to be
But who's gonna be grateful?
And who's gonna be hateful?
And its all on me
Which one will I choose?
Which one will I lose?
Which one will I save?
Which heart am I gon' break?
One is gonna smile
One is gonna cry
One's gon' feel like living
One's gon' feel she's gonna die
This is my dilemma

"What are you doing?" Mason chuckled, taken by surprise at the sight of Deja standing in his kitchen, cooking something on the stove.

"What does it look like?" She responded, not bothering to turn and face him.

"You do know that half your ass is hangin' out, right?" He laughed softly as he walked up behind her and peeked over her shoulder to see what she was cooking.

"You know, maybe if you did laundry then I'd have some shorts or something to wear, but all I have is your shirt." She said.

"And what happened to your clothes?" He asked, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Baby vomit, that's what." She laughed.

"Baby vomit?" He frowned. "Who's-"

"Mason, baby look." Jocelyn said, making him open his eyes and instantly frown at the light that interfered with his sight.

"What are you doing here?" He mumbled, sitting up slightly as he rubbed his throbbing head.

"You called me over to talk, remember? But we just ended up chilling." She said, making his frown deepen. "And then you said I could stay the night, but baby look. Look how nice this suite is, we could spend our anniversary here."

"Our what?" He frowned, still holding his head that was filled with images of Deja.

"Our anniversary... are you okay?" She asked, taking notice to the slightly pained expression on his face.

"Nah, my fucking head hurts." He mumbled.

"Oh. Was it one of your weird dreams again?" She asked, making him look at her and frown.

"Weird dreams?"

"Yeah, you know. The ones where Pastor Brown says that God is speaking to you or something." She said, still staring at her phone. "Your head always hurts after those."

"What time is it?" He asked, ignoring her words once he realized how dark it was outside his window.

"It's just now going on twelve. You were only asleep for like ten minutes." She answered him.

"Oh." He nodded slowly and closed his eyes again.

"What was your dream about, baby?" She asked him, still staring down at her phone.

"Deja." He said lowly.

Frowning, she tore her eyes away from her phone and looked at him, immediately catching an attitude. "What?"