19

"I miss you." Deja said, frowning as she laid back on her bed with her pile of homework next to her.

"I miss you too, baby." Mason said, smiling to himself as he sat on his parents couch with his father not too far from him. "I might be there to get you earlier than tomorrow, uncle Ant thinks that Kennedy might have the baby tonight."

"Awe for real? That's awesome." She smiled. "How's she feeling?"

"She's pretty nervous. She's upstairs with my mom right now, but I guess she's been having these little pains or something that's kind of like contractions but not actually contractions, you know?"

"Yeah, babe. I know." She laughed softly. "How's your dad and everyone doing?"

"They're good, we're just watching TV and having guy talk, waiting for Blessing and Amir to get out of school."

"Oh yeah, when's Amir supposed to be doing that boxing class with you?" She asked.

"Thursday is supposed to be his first class but I was gonna work with him a little bit tonight just to get him ready. I'm glad he's finally trying to learn how to fight so he can defend himself, instead of letting Blessing do it all the time."

"Me too, I think it'll be good for him."

"It will. What kind of homework do you got?" He asked, continuing their conversation.

"The same kind as always." She sighed. "And a lot of it. So I should probably get started on it, that way I won't have any to do tomorrow, hopefully."

"Okay, baby. Call me later or when you finish."

"I will. I love you." She smiled.

"I love you more, bae." He told her, smiling to himself as he slowly ended their phone call.

"Boom." DJ laughed, making Mason jump as he looked over at his father who had a proud smile on his face while he stared at his watch, and Anthony who looked absolutely shocked and dumbfounded. "Pay me my two hundred." DJ laughed, holding his hand out to Anthony.

"Some bullshit." Anthony mumbled, reaching into his pocket.

"Seriously?" Mason frowned, looking between the two men.

"What?" Dayveon asked, continuing to laugh as he collected his two hundred dollars from Anthony. "It's not my fault you wanted to talk to your girlfriend for two hours."

"Ain't nobody that damn important. Two hours Mason? Seriously?" Anthony frowned, upset at the money he lost.

"I'm so lost." He mumbled.

"We made a bet." DJ chuckled. "When you called Deja, I said that we probably wouldn't be talking to you for the rest of the day. Anthony said I was over exaggerating, and I knew I wasn't. So we made a bet. Anthony said you wouldn't be on the phone for more than an hour, I said you would. And every ten minutes that went by after that hour was another ten dollars added to the hundred I got after that hour passed. So you and Deja's long ass two hour phone call just got two hundred more dollars in my pocket."

"You guys are sad." Mason mumbled and shook his head.

"Nah, you're sad." Anthony chuckled. "You're more whipped than your dad and me combined."

"Definitely not true." Mason said, scrunching up his face. "You never lived with my mom and dad so I'll let you believe what you want, but them two... Lord have mercy. They have whipped a whole new meaning."

"Maybe we did." DJ shrugged, not at all denying what Mason said. "We just love each other, like we're supposed too."

"Yeah, but you guys made it so corny." Anthony mumbled. "Always saying and doing the corniest shit, I swear. And, you two were literally always fucking, I don't know how you ended up with just three kids."