37

Sitting on the bedroom floor, Deja finished up with wrapping the presents she had bought for everyone. Tomorrow was Christmas morning, meaning that both Deja and Mason would be leaving the apartment whenever he got back to go spend the night of Christmas Eve with his family.

Tomorrow would also be the day that Deja finally went to see her father, against his knowledge of course. She planned on surprising him. He knew that his mother would be coming, as she did every Christmas, he just didn't know that his daughter would be accompanying her.

To say she was excited would be an understatement. Just the thought of being able to see and be in the presence of her father again, had her in the best mood she had been in for a while.

Finally getting to Mason's two presents, she decided to wrap his Christmas present first, which didn't take long, then moved on to his birthday present.

Luckily, Deja was home alone due to Mason being out to do some last minute gift shopping, meaning she was able to set up for his little birthday celebration that she had planned out for him.

Once his birthday present was wrapped, she sat it aside and put all the Christmas presents into one pile.

Before she could get up from the floor, she stopped at the feeling of her cat rubbing against her back, making her smile.

"Hey baby." She smiled, gently stroking the cats back as she looked down at her. "Oh Jesus, I didn't feed you today did I? I'm a horrible a mother." She sighed, and instantly stood up to go in the kitchen.

Just as expected, she found Dior's food bowl completely empty and shook her head at herself. Since she had forgotten to feed her kitty, she decided to treat her and opened the pantry cabinet, grabbing a can of tuna fish.

"You need to hurry up and eat this before Mason gets back, or he'll be mad at both of us." She said as she opened the can and poured the water out of it. Bending down, she dumped the canned tuna into Dior's food bowl and smiled as she instantly went over and started to scoff it down.

Once she disposed of the can, she heard the oven beep, meaning the dinner she had cooked for Mason was done.

Grabbing a pair of oven mitts, she opened the oven door and grabbed the pan of baked barbecue chicken and potatoes out of it. Once she had the pan placed on the stove top, she reached back into the oven and grabbed the other pan that had asparagus on it.

Leaving the food to start cooling, she grabbed a couple plates out of the cabinet and sat them on the counter. Once she had the plates loaded with food, she sat them on the dining table, then grabbed the lighter that she had in her pocket, using it to light the two candles atop the table as well.

Grabbing her phone, she checked the time, then decided to give Mason a quick call to see how much longer he would be.

Putting the phone to her ear, she leaned against the table, and waited patiently for him to answer.

After hearing it ring almost seven times, she prepared to hang up until he finally answered, catching her a little off guard.

"Hey." He answered, "what's up?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering how much longer you'd be."

"Uh... I'm not sure. The store is literally packed and these lines are crazy. I'm probably gonna be another hour or two. You might wanna just head over to my parents now and I'll meet you there later." He told her, making her frown.

"Are you sure?" She asked, staring at the birthday decorations around the kitchen.

"Yeah. I'll meet you there in a little bit, baby." He assured her.