41

"Deja, these were outside for you." Amir said, making Deja look up from the food she was eating and sigh as she looked at the flowers he was holding.

"Thanks, Mir." She mumbled and took the followers from him.

"There's a note in them this time." He told her.

Pulling the small card off the top of the flowers, she tossed the bouquet on the table and opened it, reading over the words Mason had written inside.

I'm so sorry, baby girl. You're still the love of my life. Please, call me so we can talk this out. Please. I love you.

Rolling her eyes, she just sighed softly and tossed the small card in the trash can along with the flowers.

"You'd think that after a week he would've just stopped." Amir mumbled, referring the amount of flowers Mason had been leaving for Deja for the past week, without getting a single reply or text from her in return.

"Yeah. I thought so too." She mumbled.

"I know he cheated and everything... but I think that he really does love you." Amir mumbled, making Deja look at him.

"I know he does." She sighed. "And I feel bad that he's going to these lengths to keep telling me. I wish he'd just accept the fact that I'm done with him."

"So... you're actually done?" Amir asked her. "Like, I know you broke up with him and moved out and stuff, but you don't think that you'll ever get back together?"

"No." She told him truthfully. "I know he's your brother, Amir. And I won't talk bad about him to you... but if we're being honest, I just don't have any more love built up for him. In the last couple of weeks of our relationship, he really drained me of all I had to give. Maybe if he would've just came to me... or if it was some different woman, then this whole thing would be different. But I can't be around that woman. I refuse to have deal with her and her craziness."

"Yeah..." he mumbled. "And... are you sure you don't want to move with us?" He asked.

"Amir." She frowned. "I'm going to miss you guys, believe me. But I can't leave yet. Once my dad gets off of parole and all that other stuff, then I'll think about it."

"I'm really going to miss you." He sighed.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Amir." She told him, and brought him in for a comforting hug. "But you guys are coming back in a few months. I have five more months until the baby gets here, and your mom and dad already said that you guys are coming back up here to make sure you guys get to be at the hospital when she's born. Plus, we still have the baby shower to think about. It's not like we're never going to see each other. We're family, so visiting is a must. Plus, I know how much you're going to want to see your niece, so I'll be coming down to visit whenever I can. You don't have to worry."

"Okay." He smiled.

"Do you need any more help with packing anything?" She asked him.

"Yeah... I just need to take apart the desk in my room and pack a few more books." He told her, becoming sad just by saying it.

Amir and his family were due to move out by the end of this week, and most of their things were already packed up, besides their beds and a few small objects.