2

So why does your pride make you run and hide?
Are you that afraid of me?
But I know it's a lie what you keep inside
This is not how you want it to be
So, baby, I will wait for you
'Cause I don't know what else I can do
Don't tell me I ran out of time
If it takes the rest of my life
Baby, I will wait for you
If you think I'm fine it just ain't true
I really need you in my life
No matter what I have to do
I'll wait for you

"Babygirl, get up." Mason said, gently shaking Jocelyn who was still asleep in his bed.

"Mason I swear." She mumbled, not opening her eyes as she pulled his blanket over her face, blocking out the light he had turned on.

Laughing, he carefully climbed on top of her and pulled the blanket from over her face, shaking his head at the fact that she was already asleep again. Leaning down, he placed his lips over hers and kissed her slowly but repeatedly until he felt her lips press more firmly against his, her arms suddenly snaking around his neck as her eyes fluttered open.

"You up now?" He asked, making her smile.

"Mhm." She hummed, keeping her arms around his neck as she pulled him down for another slow kiss that he accepted.

"Alright." He chuckled, pulling away from her lips as he gripped her thigh. "Get up, you got a shoot in an hour and I gotta be at work in thirty minutes."

"Oh.. right." She sighed, sitting up in the bed. "Am I gonna see you tonight? Or do I have to wait another few days?"

"We'll see, baby." He told her and wiped an eyelash off her cheek. "I might stop by your apartment later, depending on what time I get off today. I gotta be at the store early as hell tomorrow morning so we can't stay the night together."

"Why?" She frowned.

"You know why." He said, giving her a dumb look. "You love to keep me up, man. I'll never get to sleep."

"Oh.. right." She smiled.

Laughing softly to himself, he shook his head and watched her as she walked into his bathroom to brush her teeth, using the extra toothbrush she kept in his bathroom.

"I gotta go, baby. Make sure you lock my door when you leave." He said.

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too." He said, kissing her cheek before leaving his apartment completely.

Making it to the grocery store just in time for his shift, he put his phone in his pocket and immediately got to work with unloading produce from trucks and stocking everything the store had gained.

"What's your name again?"

"Deja."

"Right, I'm sorry. I'm terrible with names." Carrie apologized.

"It's okay." Deja assured her with a small smile.

Carrie was now Deja's roommate in the dorm that they shared, and since Deja had only arrived thirty minutes ago, she was trying to unpack her things while also getting acquainted with the girl she would be sharing a sleeping space with.