25

Even when the sky comes falling
Even when the sun don't shine
I got faith in you and I
So put your pretty little hand in mine
Even when we're down to the wire baby
Even when it's do or die
We could do it baby, simple and plain
'Cause this love is a sure thing

   "Come on, Amir! You can do better than that." Mason coached, watching his younger brother and one of his other students practice on each other. "You need to block."

"I am blocking!" Amir yelled, becoming worked up.

"Alright, stop." Mason sighed, ending the small practice match that was going on. "Amir, come here."

Rolling his eyes, Amir let out a small huff and walked over to his brother.

"What?" He sighed.

"Don't what me." Mason warned him. "But what the hell are you doing? This isn't blocking." He said, and mimicked what Amir called blocking. "This, is blocking."

"Okay." He mumbled.

"Do what I just showed you." Mason told him.

Fighting the urge to roll his eyes, Amir copied what Mason showed him, making Mason nod in approval.

"Okay. Now go back over there and give me five more minutes. Show me you know how to block that kids hits. Then we'll go see dad."

Nodding, Amir walked back into the center of the practice ring while Mason got the other kids attention. Once the practice was resumed, Mason coached and watched both kids actions, making sure both of them were doing what they were supposed to do, and once the five minutes were up, Mason ended their practice like he promised.

"Alright, go put your equipment up while I go get Blessing and you can just meet us at the front."

"Okay." Amir mumbled again, leaving to do what Mason said.

Sighing, Mason shook his head and headed towards his office where Blessing was waiting. He knew that with their dad being in the hospital that things were harder on his younger siblings, so he chose not to call them out on their attitudes, especially since he knew that their anger was how they expressed their hurt, because he was the same way.

Opening the door, he saw that Blessing was no longer doing her homework, but texting away on her phone, an irritated expression on her face.

"Everything okay?" He asked, making her glance up at him as she locked her phone and sighed softly.

"Yeah." She mumbled.

"Sure?"

"No." She mumbled again, now staring at her black screen. "Boys are so awful, Mase."

"Oh... yeah." He chuckled, deciding to sit down and talk with her. "Is this your little boyfriend... Tae?"

"Yeah." She sighed. "He's just so mean."

"Like you?"

"No." She frowned. "I'm actually really nice to him... I think I'm too nice."

"And why's that?" He asked her.

"Because... it's like once I finally let him in and stopped being so hard towards him, he thinks it's okay to hurt my feelings." She explained, showcasing her hurt to her brother.

"What did he do?"

"He keeps talking to other girls." She frowned, cringing after just saying the words. "And like... I get it. He can have female friends... but he gets so close to them and he treats me like I'm just a friend when he's around them, and he lets them get all close to him and touch him, and when I tell him about how it makes me feel he just gets mad at me and starts ignoring me. Like just now, he called me insecure."