3

They say it's all what you make it
Maybe it's all in the making
Love's always love, you can't fake it
So please don't try to deny me of it, no
You know my heart couldn't take it
So baby, you know I need you
Come, come see about me

"Oh my God, oh my God." Mason smiled, still holding Deja against him while he slowly rocked them side to side, making her smile against his chest. "How- where did you come from?"

Smiling, she tried to free herself from his death grip just so she could answer him, but he refused to loosen his hold, making her laugh softly.

"Deja, how'd you get here?" He asked.

"I flew." She laughed, successfully pulling her face from his chest so she could look at him again. "So I could see you again."

"That- that's amazing. How- how um- how-"

"Mason." She laughed, reaching up to grab his face, forcing him to look down at her, not that he wanted to look away anyways. "Breathe."

Smiling, he listened to what she said and took a few small breaths.

"You look amazing." She complimented him. "And I heard that this place is yours... that's awesome."

"Yeah, yeah I was able to save up some money after doing boxing for a few years. And when I was in the hospital, a lot of people donated money for some reason and I used it to buy this place." He explained, making her smile.

"That's amazing." She smiled, "I'm proud of you... you're doing great."

"Thanks." He smiled. "What about you? Where have you been all this time?"

"California." She said, her smile faltering slightly. "That's where my mom made us go."

"Us?"

"Y-Yeah, my mom and I." She said, covering her minor slip up.

"Oh... well how was it?" He asked, still not daring to loosen his hold on her.

"Horrible." She told him truthfully. "I hated it there... and I couldn't wait to come back. But um... I heard you got a girlfriend."

"How did you hear that?" He smirked.

"Your father." She laughed softly.

"You went to see my dad before you came to see me?" He asked, pretending to look hurt.

"How do you think I found you in the first place?" She asked him, "tell me about her, I need to know what pretty girl done swept my boy off his feet."

"Woah now." He chuckled. "I think I'm the one who did the sweeping off the feet."

"Of course. You're still a ladies man huh?"

"Eh.. I guess." He chuckled. "I'm still a gentleman but... not the way I used to be I guess."

"Really? You?" She asked, looking at him sideways.

"Yes really." He chuckled. "I'm still a gentleman but only for one girl."

"And does this girl have a name?" Deja asked, her smile still covering her face.