42

Okay guys, very long and VERY emotional chapter. Get ready for some thangs.

  1 month later

Sitting in the waiting room at the doctors, Mason scrolled through his phone, taking his time to look for what he felt to be the perfect crib for his daughter.

With Deja now five and a half months pregnant, time was winding down and the two of them were both focused on finding stuff to get their baby girls nursery ready and perfect for her arrival.

"Mason, can you at least act like you care?" Jocelyn spoke, making him roll his eyes as he glanced at her, but mainly kept his attention on his phone. "You've been looking at cribs since we got here."

"Okay?" He frowned and scoffed lightly.

"You're looking at girl stuff... we don't know if it's a girl yet, it could be a boy." She smiled.

"Stop looking at my damn phone, Jocelyn. I'm looking at stuff for my daughter so Deja and I can start getting the nursery together."

"Oh... I forgot about her." She mumbled. "I don't mean to come off as rude or anything, but are you sure that baby's yours? Deja strikes me as the type of woman to lay down with anyone."

"Shut the fuck up." He frowned at her, not at all caring about the looks he got from the few other people in the room. "You need to keep her name out your mouth, Jocelyn. I don't play around with shit like that."

"Whatever, Mason." She mumbled.

"What is taking so damn long?" He sighed. "We've been here for thirty minutes."

"Am I so horrible that thirty minutes with me makes you act like a dick?"

"Kinda." He mumbled.

"Really?" She frowned. "I didn't ask to get pregnant."

"You kinda did." He mumbled again. "You knew what you were doing, so don't give me that bull."

"Really? I didn't have sex with myself, you knew what you were doing too."

"No shit. You caught me when I was at my lowest. You saw that I was weak and you took advantage of that, you took advantage of me, and now I'm in a fucked up situation. I'm not blaming you, because it's my fault for letting you in and allowing you to seduce me. I just need you to know that if I could take it all back, I would."

"So you're saying that you aren't excited for our baby?" She frowned at him. "Wow."

"That's not what I'm saying." He sighed. "My child will be loved, and I'll make sure it knows that I love it, it's the simple fact that I'm having one with you that makes me not feel excited."

"Why though?" She frowned. "What have I done to make you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you, Jocelyn. But I don't love you. Do you honestly think it's fair to this baby to have to deal with that? To grow up with parents who have absolutely no love for each other? "

"But Mason, it doesn't have to grow up with us split. We could work on a relationship... we could work on something for our baby." She told him and smiled softly.

"No, we can't." He frowned. "Deja-"

"Jesus Christ, Mason. Why are you still so hung up on her? She broke up with you. She doesn't want you anymore, so why do you still want her?"