39

Laying in the bed with the covers pulled over her body and the bedroom door locked, Deja laid in the fetal position as she cried to herself and released her endless tears onto the bedsheets. She was doing her best to stay quiet, but every few minutes, a sob would slip out, leaving her to cover her mouth and only cry harder.

It was almost four in the morning, and she was still unable to fall asleep. She may have been away from Mason, but now that she was alone, she was letting herself feel all the emotions that she was trying to hide in front of the family. She knew that she must have looked an absolute mess to them earlier, but it was nothing compared to how she was now.

She was in shambles.

She just couldn't bring herself to believe what Mason had done, and she was constantly trying to wake herself up from this nightmare. In her mind, this wasn't real, and she was just waiting for it to end. She was dying to just wake up, and for this to never have happened, but at the same time, she knew it wouldn't happen.

She honestly and truly felt like she was dying inside, and it had only been a few hours since she had learned of Mason's infidelity. Since she left the apartment, she was forced to turn her phone completely off since he was literally blowing her up, and calling back to back without a break in between.

She just wanted to know how he could have done such a thing to her. Mason was everything to her. He was all that she had, and being hurt by him made her feel a type of pain that she had never felt before.

Laying in that same spot, she cried for two more straight hours until her body refused to allow any more of it. After those couple of hours had passed, she knocked herself out in a deep dreamless sleep.

Waking up at around ten the next morning, Deja made no move to get out of bed. She could already feel how swollen her eyes were, and as memories from the previous night started to fill her head, she felt a deep emptiness form in her chest, that made her heart feel beyond heavy, and she was instantly tired all over again.

Feeling a small movement from inside her stomach, she winced a little and placed her hand on her belly, sighing softly.

"I'm so sorry, baby." Deja sighed softly as she felt an even deeper sadness sweep over her.

Feeling her child move only reminded her of the doctors words. She remembered being told that her baby felt every emotion that she did, and it pained her to know that her little baby was probably in agony.

"Look... we're gonna be okay." She whispered. "I promise you that we'll be okay."

Taking a small breath, Deja was finally given the motivation she needed to get out of bed. For the sake of her child, she forced herself to get up and try to to forget of last nights events, so that hopefully she could block all of her pain out.

Leaving the bedroom, she walked down the hall and into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind her.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she sighed softly. Her eyes were swollen, and they were bloodshot red.

Trying to shake her thoughts away, she reached under the sink and grabbed a towel before turning the shower on.

Stripping out of her clothes, it was then that she noticed the bruises on her wrists from where Mason had grabbed her last night.

Taking a small breath, she forced her eyes away from her bruises and got in the shower. Instead of focusing on her hurt, she made herself think of how this day was going to work. She became happy at the thought of her grandma coming over to meet Mason's family, because even though she hated Mason, she still adored his family, and that wouldn't change. But what brightened her mood even more, was the reminder that today she would finally be meeting her father. And that thought was all she needed to put Mason in the back of her mind.