14

i know it's a problem but can't you trust me baby
i know that you wanna
i don't wanna hurt you, just take you home to mommy
that's on my mama
yeah, cause with you
i feel like i got everything to prove
i feel like i got everything to lose

"Would you like him to have one on one training or group training?" Mason asked, holding his phone to his ear while he wrote on the notepad laying in front of him.

"Which one is less expensive?" The lady asked.

"It's the same price for both." He told her.

"Oh, then we'll do one on one."

"Alright, well I can fit him in every Thursday at six, will that work?"

"That sounds perfect, thank you so much."

"My pleasure." Mason smiled before hanging up the phone and sighing softly.

Sighing softly, Mason stood from his desk and grabbed his cell phone out of his pocket as he walked out of his office, licking the door behind him.

Leaving out of his gym, he called Deja and placed the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" She mumbled as she answered, making him frown slightly at her tone of voice.

"Hey, I'm leaving work now so I should be there to get you in about an hour, I just have to run to my place and change real quick." He said.

"You're coming to get me? For what?" She asked, her words noticeably slurring, which made his frown deepen.

"We have a date tonight, Deja. Are you okay?" He asked, getting in his car.

"Shit." She mumbled, placing her hand on her forehead. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I um... I'll be ready."

"Okay... are you sure you're alright? You sound sick or something." He said.

"No no, I'm okay." She said. "Just call me when you get here."

"Okay..." he mumbled, staring at his phone when she hung up.

Shaking his head, he scrolled through his contacts and called his dad, letting it ring while he started to drive towards his apartment.

"Yeah, Mase?" DJ answered.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" He asked, putting his phone on speaker and sitting it in his lap.

"I mean, if that's what you called for then go ahead."

"Um..." thinking it over in his head, he just sighed softly and rubbed his neck, keeping one hand on the steering wheel. "You know.. never mind."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." Mason sighed. "I'll call you tomorrow or something."

"Okay..."

After telling his dad that he loved him, Mason hung up the phone and sighed again. He wanted to ask his father some questions that would hopefully help him understand why Deja had been acting the way she was for the past couple of weeks, but he also didn't want to expose her business or end up embarrassing her, so he decided against it.

Pulling into his apartment complex, he got out of his car and went inside, preparing to get ready for the date he had set up with Deja.

As he had hoped, it only took him a few minutes to get ready and he was back in his car and on his way to get Deja in no time.

Keeping his radio off, he rode in complete silence to her dorm, gently pulling on the hair that was on his chin.

Once he made it to her dorm, he didn't call her like she told him to, instead, he got out and walked into her building, going straight to her door.