01: Defeat

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Hana sneered, furiously clicking away with her mouse as she rapidly fingered her keyboard, "Where's my fucking team?" Yet again, the random, non-invested players on Overwatch quickplay reminded her, yet again, why she stuck to competitive mode. Nobody ever knew how to play their heroes, they never had a mic, and even when they did there was always a child screaming in the background or heavy breathing. 

"This whole game is a joke," she grumbled, completely piqued. What a waste of time. She didn't want to start playing on competitive mode until her official Overwatch partner logged on and started playing. If she didn't wait, she'd get annoyed by the constant losses and turn it off before they even started playing. 

D.Va: My ultimate is ready!

"Then fucking use it you worthless piece of trash!" She nearly screamed into her mic, which was currently turned off. While it meant this team would have no coordination, she hated being the only one on the team actually talking. 

"You don't really seem to be having a lot of fun," Chan commented, lingering in her doorway. Without looking away from her computer screen, she could tell he was amused watching her get so worked up over a game he thought was stupid. To be honest, she thought the game was pretty overrated herself, but life was just so stressful lately, it became her only escape. 

"And just what do you know about fun?" Chan was super lame, Hana thought. Older brothers were supposed to be cool, but he was always picking on her. Chan was also her best friend, and her roommate now that they were both adults and living out of their parents' home, back in Australia. 

"What do you know about a paycheck, you leech?" He retorted jokingly, and Hana risked the chance to turn around and glare at him. It was true, Hana didn't have a job - but she was looking. She put in application after application, but it was hard to find a job in South Korea with a degree in video game design. It was even harder to find one that paid well. 

"Yah! I'm looking, okay?" defending herself came naturally around him, since his smart mouth always seemed to have something to say. It wasn't her fault Chan had settled on some boring job he didn't even like; Hana had been passionate about video games, and wanted to make it far in designing them. Hopefully, she'd make a best selling game, loved by gamers all across the world. 

"Take your time, pabo," Chan chuckled, "You always have a home hear." Footsteps creaking along the floor told Hana that he'd retreated from her doorway, off to be annoying elsewhere. Finally, Hana was able to return her undivided attention to the hopeless match in front of her. 

BulletproofKid started spectating

Letting out a sigh of relief, seeing her friend log on meant she could ditch quickplay after this match, and actually have some fun playing this game. Quickly, she accepted the party invite from her friend, who she'd called Bullet, now turning on her mic, "I'm literally carrying this team, right now."