29: Walk

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Immediately after blowing up on Jungkook, Hana had powered down her computer and left her phone in her room. It had taken only the walk to her kitchen to begin regretting the things she had said to him. Although she felt betrayed, he'd been trying to have a relationship with her these past couple of weeks and she didn't even give him the benefit of the doubt. As she was putting him on blast, she didn't give him a chance to talk, much less explain himself. 

Realizing she overreacted, she wanted to call him - something - and apologize. Before she could do that, though, she truly needed to calm down. Perhaps a warm bowl of spicy ramen would do her some good before tackling the mess she'd just made. She wasn't sure how she'd do it, but she hoped that she hadn't permanently ruined things with Jungkook. Fate just never seemed to be on their side.

As she placed her focus into cooking, time went by much faster and she found her foul mood began to dissolve. Deciding on what she was going to say to Jungkook proved to be difficult, as she was still at a loss. Just as she was about to take a bowl of the freshly made ramen to Chan, however, soft knocking at the door grabbed her attention. 

Glancing at the clock on the stove, she saw how late it was; far past nine at night. Why would anybody be knocking on her door this late at night? Her frustration came back all over again, so she set the bowl down in order to go tell whoever it was at her door to go away and come back at normal hours.

As she grabbed the door handle, she nearly yanked the door from it's hinges, but froze in place once she saw the back of his head. Though his back was turned to her, she could easily identify his broad, muscular frame that was engulfed in a large flannel as he stood with his hands nonchalantly stuffed in the pockets of his jeans. 

"Jungkook?" she asked, dumbfounded by his sudden appearance at her door. "What are you doing here?" 

"Let's go for a walk" he stated simply without turning around. Cocking her head to the side, Hana gave him a stuporous look. Despite her shock, however, she let Chan know that she was stepping out and quickly joined a waiting Jungkook, who led her down to the street without a word.

A flock of nerves tore at Hana's stomach; she was aware of all the things he could be here to talk about; each and every single one of the unnerving. Most of all, she was scared that he had come to end their friendship for good. Instead, shocking her even more, he slipped her small palm into his. Though she looked up at him questioningly, his gaze remained forward. 

Hana admittedly didn't know much, but she knew that Jungkook was nervous. 

Allowing him to continue holding her hand, she fixated her leer towards the ground, waiting for him to say what was on his mind. That's when she realized that he was touching her. He'd always avoided any form of physical contact with her, yet he seemed to do this so easily. Just as her mind was about to analyze it to her full capability, Jungkook spoke up.