42: Help Her

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"She really wants to talk to me, too?" Hana questioned Jungkook as they sat in the familiar waiting room of Dr. Ang's office. It had been a couple of weeks since the funeral, and things still didn't feel right. Weeks later, and she still couldn't bring herself to go to the apartment she used to share with Chan. Instead, her parents had decided to stay there for a while and at least pay rent so she wouldn't lose it all together, in case she changed her mind about staying there. 

As drastically as her life had change, life still went on; her paid leave at work ended, so it was time for her to go back. Jungkook was still working through his own issues, and Hana was afraid that her brother's death had resurfaced negative feelings within him about losing his parents. 

She wondered if that's why his therapist wanted to see him this time. She had dumped so much emotional baggage on him since he took her in, she might have forced Jungkook to take a few steps back in his own progress. That was the last thing that she wanted, and she would never stop blaming herself if that happened. "Am I in trouble?" 

"Ah, yes," Jungkook smirked, his dark hues become more playful, "You should be ashamed of yourself, you're really in for it this time." Hana stared at Jungkook dumbfounded, knowing that he was only kidding, but her mind being too exhausted to retort with something witty like usual. After a minute, his smile flopped. 

Instinctively, Hana reached over and placed a kiss in the small area where his jaw connected to his ear in an attempt to reassure him that her mood wasn't his fault, then rested her head onto his shoulder. Perhaps being there to talk with Jungkook and Dr. Ang, she would find some sort of solace so she could at least get through the day. She had to admit she was doing much better; regular showers, eating, getting out of the house when Jungkook forced her to go for walks, but she had a long way to go. 

Hana owed her own progress to Jungkook, who had been extremely insistent on taking care of herself, and would even take care of her when she wouldn't. There had even been times where she threatened to move out as he dragged her down the sidewalk, making sure she was getting fresh air and some sort of exercise. 

When he asked her to come to his therapy session today, she didn't have it in her heart to say no. After all he had done for her, how could she turn him down? Sometimes, it felt like she only played a minor role in his own recovery, and she wanted to take any chance that she could get. Now that they sat in the waiting room, it felt like it was taking forever to be called back. 

"I'm glad you came," Jungkook rested his own head on top of hers. "Once upon a time, you told me to get help, and now it's my turn to make sure you do the same." 

"Wait," Hana raised her head, looking directly at him now, "Isn't this for you?" 

"Technically," he answered passively only for Hana's interrogation to be cut short by a nurse calling out Jungkook's name. There was no way this session was for her, they'd done so much to help Jungkook that they couldn't just put that to the side. "Let's go," he prompted, not giving her anymore time to question what he meant.