37: Plea

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Unlike last time, waking up in Jungkook's bed didn't come as a major shock to Hana. Instead of the long moment it took to orient herself with her surroundings the first time she'd woken up in this bed, she knew exactly whose arms engulfed her the moment she woke up. She knew she'd open her eyes to see Jungkook still sound asleep; peaceful, his jaw finally unclenched, even if it's only temporary. 

Instead, when Hana opened her eyes, she was met with his midnight hues. glistening from the reflection of daylight that poured through the blinds. He'd been watching her sleep, but for how long? 

"Good morning," she mumbled sleepily, a sloppy smile growing on her face. In response, Jungkook dipped his head down, planting soft butterfly kisses down the side of Hana's face. Leaning into his lips, her neck extended, giving him access to one of the most sensitive parts of her body and raising goosebumps all along her skin, as well as accelerating her heartbeat. 

She'd been awake for less than a minute, and she already wanted him. Her fingertips skimmed the skin on his abdomen, and slowly began moving down with intent. While she thought they were in the clear for that moment, her actions quickly halted the soft pecks Jungkook left all over her skin. 

"Stop," he whispered ever so quietly, and immediately, Hana's hand froze from his order. Underneath Hana's fingertips, she could feel his muscles tense up, a sign she'd become all too familiar with. When Dr. Elica had given them their "homework", she was certain that it could only help, not thinking about any adverse reactions Jungkook could end up having. Knowing what she knew now, Hana didn't have to think about why he was acting the way he was; she already knew. She knew that 'stop' wasn't just an order...

It was a plea. 

"I'm sorry," she met his soft tone, letting her hand retract to give him the space he obviously needed. "I just got a little excited." Almost feeling embarrassed, her cheeks began to get hot, although she knew this was neither of their faults. She waited for his easy-going smile, letting her know that it was okay. 

But it never came.

Seeing him like this was never easy, not because he was pushing her away, but because she couldn't even begin to imagine what was going on in his head. The more she saw it, though, the more she saw the extent of his damage. The extent of his hurt, and seeing him in this physical and mental torment hurt her as well. 

"I'm going to go take a shower," Hana could see before he turned away that his face was flushed, and knew that the only thing she could do for him right now was to leave him alone and let him recover however he needed. She'd wait as long as she needed for him to be okay, perhaps she'd be able to make him breakfast this time without the interruption of her

After searching through her overnight bag, she began putting on something to wear when Jungkook emerged from the bathroom with his clothes already on, droplets of water falling from the ends of his black hair. Even after his shower, his face still lacked color. His glossy midnight orbs stared straight through her, or at least that's how it felt - as if she weren't even standing there.