07: Wellness Check

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Finally caught up with all of the team's project notes, Hana decided to spend the rest of her Sunday playing Overwatch, knowing that she would have much time during the week to jump on. Now that she was actually being involved in the team at work, she spent a lot more time focusing on what they were doing and improving her skills. Hana couldn't complain, this was her passion. 

Deeply involved in a competitive match, she didn't notice that her friend had logged in until he began talking, causing her to jump once his voice surprised her.  She was already a really jumpy person in general, so his unexpected appearance in her headset caused her whole body to jerk.

"Holy shit," she squawked as she attempted to regain control of her hero, her fingers still trembling for a lasting moment. 

"Oh, I didn't mean to scare you," he mumbled through his own headset. Already over it, Hana shrugged, and reassured him it was okay. After being rejected by him for meeting, she felt a little awkward talking to him, not sure if she'd put a dent in their friendship. Was it a friendship? At this point, she wasn't sure. "MissFit?" 

"Yeah?" she asked, completely submerged in the final minutes of her game. Her team actually had a pretty good chance of winning, so she didn't want to take away too much focus. 

"If I were to be honest, I would love to meet you; the highlight of my day is getting to talk to you. However, like I told you, I'm going through a lot of stuff and I think it would be better to hold off for now. I don't want you to be disappointed whenever you do meet me," Hana wasn't expecting his explanation, and suddenly felt bad he felt the need to tell her any of that. 

"It's really okay," she promised, "Please don't feel bad. I don't want you to feel pressured into anything." 

"I've already thought about getting to meet you. I'd really like to," he admitted sheepishly, "I just need to sort through a few things. I'm seeing a therapist, like you suggested," Hana pushed down the curiosity that emerged, not wanting to butt into his personal life. If he wanted to tell her what was going on in detail, he would, but it was clear he didn't want that. 

Above all, she was proud of him. Hana struggled with depression and anxiety - she still did - so she knew first hand how difficult it was to seek help for that kind of stuff, assuming that's what was even going on. 

"Oh," she didn't know how to respond to that without getting too deep, so she covered up the awkwardness with poor humor, "I know it's because I just seem so amazing, you don't have to lie." 

"My toilet is also amazing, so I'm not sure why you'd compliment yourself in such a way," he snickered, and once again, Hana rolled her eyes. 

"You're such a brat." 

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Monday seemed to roll around at lightening speed, and Hana found herself sitting in front of her computer at work, next to Taehyung. Apparently, she didn't make too much of an ass out of herself, because the camaraderie she had with everybody only seemed to expand.