32: Ice Cream

s  m  u  t   w  a  r  n  i  n  g

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Unlike any of the other times Jungkook had asked her out; whether he was BulletproofKid wanting to meet for the first time, or Jungkook wanting to go on a date, he hadn't told her when and where to meet up. Just that it would be today, giving her a little anxiety. What if he never called? At least if he had given her the slip this time, she'd already be at home. 

Still, she waited to hear from him as she picked the non-existent lint from her tight black denim jeans. Her blonde locks cascaded in waves past her shoulders, concealing her chest and shoulders since her shirt didn't do too much to help. Although she didn't want to act anxious, her eyes involuntarily looked at her blank phone screen every half minute, leaving her more and more disappointed. 

"Where the hell are you going dressed like that?" Chan asked with agitation as he walked into the living room, "It's like, ten degrees outside, and I'll be quite honest, I don't know how to take care of somebody with hypothermia." Hana rolled her eyes, realizing she hadn't even checked the weather today. As they moved deeper into fall, the temperature kept dropping. But his claim seemed a little over the top. 

"Is it really ten degrees outside, Chan?" Hana asked suspiciously, receiving an eye roll as he momentarily disappeared from the room. Only a minute later, he returned with a deep red knitted sweater in his hand, throwing it into her lap. 

"Just wear that, please?" Pursing his lips, he looked away, "Anyways, nobody needs to see your chest balls." 

"My chest balls?" Hana asked, extremely bemused as she fumbled with the sweater so she could find the bottom and put it on, "Not even Jungkook?" 

"Stop, please, while I still like him," Chan begged, pretending to gag as he stalked out of the room. Hana looked down as she straightened out the sweater, knowing that the bottom would clear her waist and fall mid thigh, though the sides had slits stopping at her waist. The sleeves, however, were a lost cause. She'd be shoving them up over her wrists all night. 

When she finally settled into the over-sized article of clothing, she looked down at her phone once again, only to feel disappointed. It was just past noon, so there was no reason to worry, but given his history of flaking out, she did. 

A knock at her door interrupted her moment of distress, but before she could get up from the couch, Chan came running from the hall, "I got it! I think that's my pizza." For a moment, Hana felt even more crestfallen until she heard his voice from the door. 

"Sorry, hyung. No pizza." 

"Hey, Jungkook," Though it wasn't the pizza delivery man, Chan still seemed extremely excited, "Don't worry about it, pizza has a lot of carbs anyways. Are you coming over to hang out? I can send Hana to the store to get ingredients for ramen."