it's not just a game

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"What?" Taehyung questioned through his mic, "Baby, Jimin is the only one here I honest to god think could take you away from me. Every time he's around you, he's super smooth, even though he's a potato when you're not and sometimes I'm afraid he's not just fucking around with me." 

"Taehyung?" Jin questioned when Taehyung had finally finished his small rant. 

"Yeah, hyung?" Taehyung questioned, noticing the busy chat had quieted out significantly. 

"She's on the other team," Jin explained. It didn't matter, though, because Rina was in the next room, and if he had to, he'd just go talk to her in there. 

"Love has made him stupid," Jimin remarked. 

"You're stupid," Taehyung retorted on the fly, not even thinking about what was coming from his mouth before it did. 

"Oh, here we go," Namjoon groaned, regretting the fact that he ended up on this team. 

"You wouldn't even know Rina if it weren't for me," Jimin proclaimed proudly, "Remember? She told me she was going to that arcade and you took it upon yourself to go scout her out." Both Taehyung and Jimin fondly remembered such an old memory. 

"We only became friends, Jimin. I didn't mean to come in between you two," Taehyung explained. There was a significant time gap between when he first met Rina to when he realized he had strong feelings for her. By then, Jimin had moved on. Neither he nor Rina were interested in pursuing a long distance relationship, allowing both of them time to sort of forget one another. 

The longer Rina had been gone, however, the more Taehyung talked to her. 

Jimin harbored no harsh feelings towards Taehyung, only happy for his best friend. 

"Is this what I'll have to listen to with Namjoon as well?" Jin questioned with frustration, "Even though we're supposed to be PAYING ATTENTION TO THE GAME?"He was the only one truly focused on this match, even though they were still in the lead. 

"Oh, that's right," Taehyung cooed, "Namjoon? How was your date with Hana? Are you guys hitting it off?" 

"Just fucking kill me now," Jin exacerbated. 

"I believe so. I'm really starting to like her. I just hate that I can't focus at work now, knowing she's right upstairs. I guess I'm just nervous," Namjoon explained. Jimin, Taehyung, and Jin automatically knew what he was referring to. 

"That happened a long time ago," Jimin explained, "Not every girl is going to cheat on you." 

"She told me he was her brother," Namjoon sulked, "I believed her." 

"You weren't wrong to," Taehyung promised. 

"HOBI IS RUSHING US," Jin announced with excitement, "Now's our chance to really fuck them up." The other three men laughed at how serious Jin was taking this match. It was only friendly competition between friends, but for all Jin was concerned, they were at war. 

"It's just a game," Taehyung reminded their oldest friend. 

"It's not just a game," Jin snapped back, "I have to win so I can hold this over Yoongi's head." 

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥