21: Violet Specks

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Yesterday, Hana had survived the entire day at work without running into Namjoon. She wanted nothing more than a repeat of that, even if she had to deal with Jungkook's bitchy attitude for every second. Even after two full days had passed, she still hadn't mustered up the courage to talk to him, and wondered if she ever would. 

Head hanging low as she walked into the building, she was worried that he would spot her, and drag her into his office to do the one thing she didn't feel like doing. Though, it was a painful reality that he could summon her at any point to do just that; he didn't have to see her at all. He owned the entire company. 

Once again, she made it safely to her desk to find that Jungkook was already there, again. Did he always come this early? Looking around, she noticed that it was just the two of them, causing a little panic to rise in here. 

No witnesses.

"Good morning," he mumbled, not looking up from his computer screen as he slumped foward. With wide eyes, Hana looked around, in search of anybody else he could be talking to. That was the most civil thing she'd ever heard come from his mouth, surely it wasn't directed at her. "I'm talking to you," he clarified, answering the question she hadn't even asked. Not out loud, at least. 

"Ah, good morning?" she was hesitant, knowing that being vile to her was a part of his daily agenda. Did something happen to him last night? Did he get some common courtesy slapped into him? Hana would understand that, she wanted to beat his ass every time she thought about him, surely she wasn't the only one. 

His fingers paused before they disappeared from his keyboard as Jungkook sat upright, then swiveled his chair around to look at her. His dark orbs peered into her own, free of the hatred and anger they usually carried for her. In fact, she couldn't identify the new emotion they carried. They seemed...soft. Almost accepting even. 

"What?" She questioned, wondering if there was something on her face that he would purposely fail to mention was there. 

"Listen," he sighed, slumping backwards into the large back of his chair, "I just wanted to say-" 

"HANA," Taehyung's deep voice boomed from the entrance of the large office room. Luckily, there still weren't many people here, keeping them from being bothered by Taehyung's yelling. Hana had to keep herself from snickering at his speed-walking, an awkward smile hanging from his face. "I need to talk to you for a second." 

Without waiting for an answer, he grabbed her by the hand and dragged her away from her desk. Involuntarily, she looked back towards Jungkook, he stared at her slack-jawed as she was taken away. Turning back around, she found her and Taehyung alone in a far corner as he dug through his backpack. 

"No coffee today?" She asked with faux disappointment. While bringing her coffee was always a nice gesture, she didn't expect it. 

"I'm not the one who gets it," his breathing was heavy as he continued to search through the bottom of the bag, "Rina drops it off on her way to work, since she leaves later. Where the hell is it?" He growled, looking even more furiously through the clutter.