45: Turn Around

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"Are you sure you're ready?" Rina asked as she leered into Hana's uncertain orbs, her hands clutching onto her coffee mug, paused in motion as it was on it's way up to her lips. Naturally, she was searching for any sign of doubt on Hana's face; as always, she was right there, supporting Hana unconditionally. 

The time had come for Hana to go back to work, and they were both trying to kill time before Hana had to go, sipping on their drinks at the cafe just down the street. . Yoongi had pulled some strings to afford Hana more time to grieve, but she knew it was time to get out of the house and back to her job. According to Taehyung and Jungkook, their team was supposed to present their project to Namjoon this morning. Hana had been excited to work on this during her time with the company and present the first draft of their upcoming game; a technically and visually original horror role-playing game called No More Dream. 

Of course, there were times where she'd been uncertain of offering much to the team. At times, Jungkook had harshly put her ideas down, marking them off as stupid. Memories flew through Hana's head of a time when Jungkook had still been cold as ice to her.

"Shabby work," he commented cynically, causing Hana to roll her eyes. 

"That sounds stupid," Jungkook scoffed, throwing his clipboard down on the 
desk, "Just stick to rebuilding whatever it is that-" 

"Ever since you started working here, we've had to slow down our pace to 
let you play catch up," Jungkook seethed, clearly irritated. 

Carefully recollecting these insults, Hana had to swiftly remind herself that this was all in the past, that Jungkook had his own struggles and his own faults that he'd since made up for twice over. Still, that didn't make her worth to the team feel extraordinary, or anything even remarkable. At most, she'd been the team cheerleader, and she wouldn't stop today. She'd be there, rooting on her friends as they presented all their hard work, and she'd be the first one to tell them what an amazing job they did. 

"If I keep telling myself I'm not ready, I'm never going to be ready," she leveled, taking a sip of her own coffee. Her eyes dropped as she placed her cup back on the table, watching the ripples form through the flavorful liquid. At that moment, it felt like the only movement in the world as her mind processed that she was finally moving on with her life. 

She'd spent weeks grieving her brother, and truth be told, she'd probably be doing it for the rest of her life. But she couldn't sit around for that long, that's not what Chan would want for her, and that wasn't what she wanted for herself. More than anything, almost more than wanting him back, she wanted to make him proud. 

"Did you know that all the men on that team having been asking Jungkook and Taehyung non-stop how you've been doing?" Rina questioned, fingering the rim of her own cup. Hana's heart clenched, causing a bittersweet pain to ripple through her chest. She'd always considered all of them her friends, but never considered that they may truly care about her like that. "They kept their distance, afraid you weren't in the best place to hear from them, but they've been checking up on you."