11: Promise?

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"A date?" Hana's online friend sounded perplexed when she explained why she hadn't been on all weekend. Usually, he didn't seem to mind her absence, leading to Hana's confusion when this time, he inquired as to what she's been up to. If she had to guess, this assumed change in behavior started around the time she recommended he seek therapy for his secret issue. 

"Yeah, like, where two people that are interested in one another spend time together," Hana explained sarcastically. Obviously, he knew what a date was, it just seemed like he couldn't believe that she went on one. 

"Oh," he popped, then paused for a long moment. This was the most quiet she'd remembered him being in the middle of a match, leading her to wonder what was on his mind. 

"Oh," she mocked him, hoping for some sort of reaction. What is up with you, Bullet?

"I've never been on one," he admitted bluntly. Immediately, Hana wanted to ask why; was it because he was 13? Because of how he looked? Because of his personality? Was he in the closet? Then Hana remembered that this weekend, she'd just had her very own first date. As far as she could tell, there wasn't something outlandishly wrong with her, so she pocketed her assumptions. It was just so hard when she knew nothing about him, not even his name. 

A sudden urge to ask him arose, but she remembered how he'd reacted when she asked if he wanted to meet. Not wanting to feel rejected by him once again, she also pocketed that. 

It was clear he didn't want her to know anything about him, so she didn't ask. 

"I can't believe I'm finally getting a social life," she exclaimed, sighing heavily as her player, Zenyatta, was eliminated. This game wasn't going so well, but then again, she wasn't paying too much attention to it anyways. 

"Me neither," he snickered. Despite his alleged change, he still never missed an opportunity to be a brat. Even though he couldn't see her, Hana rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Well, I'm getting off. I have work tomorrow," now he sighed. This was the first time he'd ever mentioned any part of his personal or professional life to her, and even though she made the decision not to ask any more questions about it, this one came out fluidly. 

"Work?" Just one word. How much would he tell her? Would he even tell her anything? 

"Yeah, work. What do you think I do all day?" He scoffed at Hana's question. Of course, his answer gave away nothing. Why was she so curious anyways? 

"I don't know, jack off to Dr. Phil? Definitely not going out on dates, that's for sure," she joked, barely catching the soft laugh from the other end of the conversation. "I'll talk to you later," she added before he could retort with something ridiculous. 

"Promise?" At this moment, Hana couldn't tell if the boy was joking around or not. One thing was for sure, Hana wasn't okay with him rejecting her and still trying to be cute. Sudden irritation washed through her, not towards Bullet, but at how she was over reacting to the situation.