33: Trust

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

"Jungkookie?"

The dainty voice replayed over and over again in Hana's half-conscious mind, the beautiful face of the woman who'd called out for Jungkook on their date implanted in her brain. Silky, chocolate brown locks flowed with the wind, reflecting the sun perfectly with it's brilliant shine. Long, layered hair framed her small face; everything was small, except for her large brown eyes, an arrogant wonder residing in them. 

She had definitely been older, but still looked so youthful. In her face, Hana could tell she knew Jungkook well. 

Who was she?

Eyelids slowly fluttering open, Hana looked around to find she wasn't in her room. It only took her a second to recall the events of last night, but it all felt so surreal still. Dim sunlight of the early morning began to peak through the bottom of the window shades, allowing her to become acquainted with the unfamiliar place. Unlike the rest of the house, this room looked well lived in; the walls were slate grey, with black furniture taking up the space. Everything was decorated with hues of red, grey, and white, with posters and knick knacks littered around the room. 

When she tried to roll over to take in the other side of the room, she felt the firm arm draped across her shoulder. 

"Mmm," Jungkook groaned as he pulled her body closer to him, nuzzling his head in the crook of her neck. His rogue hairs landed on her cheek, lightly tickling her skin and causing warm flutters to rise in her chest. Stupidly, a thought of that woman arose again, and Hana wondered if Jungkook had ever held her like this, too. Because of the sudden self-consciousness, she gripped the comforter closer to her body, remembering she wasn't wearing anything underneath. 

Then, she felt silly. Jungkook had told her last night that it was also his first time...

...unless he lied. 

Instantly, guilt took over. Hana hated that she let her mind wander to a place of pure assumption, and even lack of trust. She wasn't sure if what was happening between her and Jungkook would ever turn into anything, but whatever happened, she had to trust him until he gave her a reason not to. However, one thing was for sure, she wasn't falling back asleep. 

Not only was her mind working at double time, but her stomach grumbled from underneath the blanket. Her and Jungkook had never gotten to eating dinner last night; she ended up silently grieving over the perfectly good pork belly that had been left out on the counter and had most likely gone bad. Thinking about what he may still have in the fridge, Hana decided on making him breakfast. 

Tactfully, Hana climbed out from underneath Jungkook's arm, and out of his bed before finding her underwear on the floor and rummaging his drawers for a t-shirt that she would be comfortable wandering around in. Once she was satisfied from her scavenger hunt, she made her way to the kitchen and peeped through the fridge and all of the cabinets, looking for something she could whip together.