9

NANA
9: let's just have a great time.

"jeno, i'm very unsure with all this skipping class." i said as i hurriedly cling closer to him, afraid i might get lost since there was an abundance of a busy crowded people. it was scary, maybe by just blinking i'm lost and jeno is nowhere to be found.

jeno looked behind me, bouncing his bag to be carried properly. "it's fine nana, it's part of the DNYL rules right? let's just have a great time, let's have fun." he smiled and i could see in those eyes he plead me to stay with him, to have fun with him.

"okay fine." i smiled and inhaled deeply, then exhaling it out. "okay, where do we go now?" i asked and looked up the crowded place.

before jeno could even speak, he suddenly edged his hand toward mine ever so slightly, until i felt his fingertips brush my hand. i let his hand slip around mine until i could feel the heat of his palm pressed against my own.

"j-jeno what are you doing?" i stuttered and looked down at our hand. you could clearly see i wasn't holding back, but he didn't stop squeezing mine slightly tighter.

that moment i felt how my cheeks began to burn, how butterflies inside my stomach flew crazily and felt how that familiar warm feeling spreading throughout my chest, those feeling were very similar to what i feel when dean does something alike this.

jeno's eyes went wide a bit as he gave me a small pout. "just so you know? you won't get lost in this crowd, we have to stick together right?" he queried while smiling.

"oh... okay." i spoke shyly and faced forward. i finally held his hand back and i could feel him smiling. when he looked the other way, i secretly smiled widely while shutting my eyes. i was fluttered.

"okay let's go get some food." he said.

we both started walking, people giving us stares and probably thought how ungrateful these kids were, skipping school but we didn't care at all. once we spotted burger king, we both smiled and headed towards the entrance. when we entered, we ordered and sat on an empty spot.

"thank you for paying for me, you don't really have to you know... i'll pay you tomorrow." i said, smiling happily and grabbed the burger. "no, don't pay me it's totally fine!" jeno assured as i shrugged it off. "fine, if you say so."

"what class are you suppose to have now?" i questioned as he chuckled. "history. i was alone and we had a substitute, so i decided skip class with you." he said and sipped the tasty soft drinks he had on his hand.

i was a bit unsure of the question i'm gonna ask him, but i pondered. "why me?" that simple question made jeno freeze, glitch as he let out a small nervous chuckle. "what do you mean why you?" he asked. he raised an eyebrow.

"you know... why me? why not the others, harvey, mirae, renjun, jaemin? them?" i started to name out names, now i regretted asking the question because it started to get awkward.

jeno pursed his lips and looked down his lap. "uh because... i want to be with you? i like being with you, i enjoy it." he awkwardly scratched his head, but i sat there and blushed.

"ahh, okay thank you. i enjoy being with you too." i complimented. "a lot." i added, then he looked up with a bright smile.