14

NANA
14: realizing.

"aren't your parents home?" i asked while looking around his neat living room, frantic if his parents ever see the ugly girl which was me. "no, i live with my brother doyoung but he's always out working very late, sometimes he doesn't even show up in a day." jeno explained.

"here, drink." he offered his water bottle as i took it, drinking the cool liquid as i felt it slither down my throat. i put back the cap and looked down at my lap, awkwardly staring and didn't want to look at jeno.

"tell me why were you out very late?" he queried, sounding like a very protective friend. "i wanted to get some f-fresh air." i stuttered and i wanted to hit myself from doing that, but it would look creepy and weird for jeno. "i can see your lying."

i sighed and desired to flee away from this place, away from this situation. i really didn't want to talk about it. "i was with... you know a friend." i spoke and looked up at him.

"is it a boy?"

"n-no."

"good."

"what?" i tilted my head and we both got flustered and confused. i huffed and rolled my eyes upwards. "it was dean." i finally admitted as i could see how quick he was pissed hearing the name i mentioned. "what?! what were you guys doing together? why were you crying?!" he scooted more close to me.

"did he make you cry?" he used his finger to lift my chin up. "did he?" i knew he wouldn't stop questioning until he gets my honest respond. "yes..."

"what did he do?" he asked a bit infuriated. "what did he say?" he kept attacking me with question which was kinda frustrating for me.

"it was me... i confessed for a very long amount of time and... i wasn't satisfied with his respond." i explained which made jeno raise an eyebrow. "why? you wanted him to hear that he liked you too?"

"no.."

"he just told me that he would make sure no one would find out, about my confession. i thought he would go with apologizing politely because i wasn't his type. he didn't even say thanks for all those compliments i gave him, didn't show a slight pain or felt sorry for me, or apologized when i told him he made me devastated for months. all he did was to make sure no one would find out..." i felt my lips trembling as tears began to cover my vision.

"why? is he ashamed that a girl like me likes him?" i questioned myself as a tear escaped my eye, making jeno immediately grab both my hands tightly.

"he's ashamed that a beautiful girl like you just confessed to a jerk, dean. he probably thought that he didn't deserve you~" he cooed, smiling while cupping my cheek. jeno's words didn't fail to make me melt completely like liquid.

i wanted to smile but i knew it was false. "we both know that's a lie jeno..." i said. jeno sighed and was bummed that his words didn't make me smile. "look, dean is a complete immature jerk. i really don't like seeing you sad, i dislike it and that frown doesn't suit you. i know one day you'll look back and think that you actually do deserve better. it's heart breaking, i know, knowing that the boy you liked almost a year doesn't like you back or just broke your heart but i promise you nana." jeno paused and tucked a piece of hair under my ear.

"dean isn't the right one for you, someone better out there is waiting for you..." he spoke and pursed his lips. "me." he mumbled something i didn't hear, but i shrugged it off anyway.

"the right one for you will come, one day and we just have to wait." jeno caressed my cheek and rubbed small soft circles on it. "okay?"

i gulped and bravely wiped my tears off. "y-yes." i stuttered and weakly smiled as he proudly smiled. "come here~" he murmured.

in seconds jeno's body is moulded to my own, sharing his body heat as easily as he shared his heart. i could never let another close to me like this, but he's different. when we finally clasped each other in a warm, slow and luxurious hug, we felt all oppositions to our love had melted. jeno's chest raised and falling against my back, our breaths in unison, and the warm blood that we could feel in each others' embrace. i placed my head on top of jeno's head and pursed my lips, watching how my hand formed into a fist.

i enjoyed it.

in the darkness our cuddles are like a little touch of heaven, warm, together, cozy. i wish i could extend the night just so i could stay close to jeno for longer, safe in his embrace. his arms wrapped right around me bring a peace i've never known before, a calming of the storms in my heart.

"don't let dean break your precious heart nana." jeno whispered.

at that moment, i realized that... i was falling in love with lee jeno without even noticing it from the start.

note: my throat was actually okay when i presented because i prayed to god that it wouldn't be like a dying whale... but now i sound like a dying whale.