38

NANA
38: acting odd.

it has been over 15 minutes, it seemed like jeno is starting to get more and more annoyed, but sometimes i see him smiling every time jieun mention a memory from the past. i wanted so bad the vigorously shake harvey's arm, tell him that they were breaking a rule. talk about love, what's worst is that's its their past. but i couldn't, pointing at jieun who is breaking the rule, i felt anxious that if i did, she knew that i was breaking a rule too. i have this very odd feeling and impression about jieun. slowly i start to believe at what jeno told me yesterday.

she's up to something. but i wanna know, i can't figure out with my stupid brain that doesn't clearly work.

"you want me to help you that?" jieun said and reached out to grab jeno's paint brush, but jeno dropped it as soon as their skin touched each other. "no jieun, i'll let you know when i need help." jeno said steadily, slightly pissed and sighed heavily.

"why are you being so mean jeno?" jieun asked lowly, making sure no one would hear her. "i really just wanna make up with you." she whispered, almost likely pleading.

"isn't it obvious?" jeno hissed dreadfully, glaring into her eyes that trembled in fear.
the way jeno's eyes squinted when he glared at her reminded her of a pit viper's slit-like pupils. jieun gulped nervously. a burning animosity was developing in jeno's amber orbs, and she could tell she was likely the root cause of the problem.

jeno stood up, not make anything obvious and left the art class deliberately. harvey and renjun's head rose up, curious and questioned jieun. "what happened? is everything okay?" renjun queried. "he told me he's going to the toilet." jieun lied, i don't know if the boys noticed but i was sure jeno never told her that he was gonna use the bathroom. i watched every single thing they did, spying on them because i honestly don't want jieun near jeno.

"oh okay." renjun said. harvey gazed on me, he had those kind of eyes that told me something with being uneasy and unsure. he was probably thinking if jieun. he probably thought - "is this really a great idea? to have someone in the club where you should forget about your ex and etc. but your ex is also in the club". because i really hope harvey and mark would ponder about this situation, jeno is having a hard time dealing with jieun. not only jeno but also jieun who's confusing herself even more.

harvey shrugged it off and continued painting, talking and sometimes even bickering with renjun.

jieun sighed and scooted closer to me. "that's a pretty painting." she spoke and all i could do was thank her and smile.

"do you have something with jeno?" she asked. she was so straight forward, she clearly didn't ponder about this and i thought it was odd. she was odd! i looked at her and nervously chuckled. "what?"

"do you have something with jeno? i kinda notice that you and him are pretty close, he's attached to you." she tilted her head.

i felt nervous answering the question but i obviously need to lie. "no i don't jieun, just because we are close to each other doesn't mean we like each other." i sighed invisibly and really didn't want to finish speaking. "we are just friends." i lied and averted my eyes away from jieun. her eyes makes my heart beat fast, make me sweat and nervous.

"don't you know?" i looked at her. "falling in love with a DNYL member is against the rules, talking about something that is related to romance is also strictly forbidden... and unfortunately we are doing that now." i said which made her awkwardly nod, ashamed that she didn't know the rules.

i playfully smiled. "you should go and educate about DNYL club more." i knew she'll get offended but it was the point.

she smirked and leaned close to my ear. "and you should educate more about how to not break the rules." she whispered which made my eyes dilate.

"anyway, i'm gonna get up and get some painting materials. i should start painting my own than helping jeno." she winked at me, evilly smiled and stood up, making her way to the room with art materials.

my eyes wagged as i sat stiff. i fisted my hands and deeply exhaled. maybe that rat just doesn't know what she was talking about, maybe she tried to defend herself when i made her feel ashamed. i don't think she knows about me and jeno breaking the rule. i hope not.

i nervously looked at the two boys in front of me, sighing in relief since they probably didn't hear about the conversation me and jieun just had.

i feel like jieun is up to something, and it's has to do with me and jeno. is she trying to expose me? is she trying to get jeno fall in love with her? is she trying to get jeno back? if she is, if she's trying to do something i won't let her, she's not having jeno. she's not gonna use jeno again for fame, hell no!

note: i feel like this sucks? did it happen too soon? or something yeah bye i love my cat!