20

NANA
20: buying decorations.

"but you didn't volunteer, so you're technically not allowed to be here and shop with us." chenle sarcastically said, biting his lower lip while teasingly gave me an elevator look. i rolled my eyes and ignored what the younger just spoke, kids are so annoying but cute, he's not annoying, he's annoying in a cute way. "h-hyung be quiet... noona is allowed to be here with us." jisung defended me while giving chenle a small pout.

"what are the others doing then?" i asked as we entered the store, the youngsters grabbed a cart and followed me and jeno from behind. "harvey, renjun and haechan are out buying drinks." jeno responded as he took out the paper from his pocket.

"okay what? what is renjun doing with them?" i queried and was curious since renjun didn't sign up for this preparing the prom. "same as what you're doing, you didn't volunteer but you joined anyways." jeno snickered a smirk.

"you asked me to come so.."

jeno nodded. "i wanna be with you." his words made me blush but i immediately changed the topic. "what about mark?" i continued. "mark, mirae and mm jaemin are in the gym, making a playlist since we obviously need music in prom." jeno said which made me nod and now we finally focused on what we were going to do.

"okay so first... hmm it says here balloons." jeno popped his head up. "okay so i spotted the section of balloons around here." jeno pointed out and began to walk faster as i followed. "oh yeah right here." jeno said as we reached the balloon aisle.

"wow there's many types of designs, which one should we choose?" i asked jeno who was crouching down and studying the balloons more. "just take as many as you can, colorful and pretty ones."

"mm okay."

i went to the other side and hummed. "hmmm." i rubbed my chin and pondered of what to pick. "hey chenle what do you think looks like a party color-" when i turned my head around, it was only me and jeno, the youngsters were no where spotted.

"where are they?" i asked a bit exasperated to myself.

"wee woo noona!" chenle screamed as he usually do. i looked at my left side and saw jisung riding the cart, his eyes wide as he tightly grabbed on the cold metaled cart. chenle behind him sprinted and vigorously pushed the card towards me.

"chenle!" i screamed and jumped backwards, thought i would fall down the floor but luckily jeno was there to grab my arms and keep me up. i blush and immediately stood properly up, giving jeno a sheepish smile.

"what are you guys up to?" my eyes suddenly averted from jeno's as it glanced over at the youngsters.

jisung sat while shaking, eyes open while chenle laughed endlessly behind him. "wee woo we are here to pick up the things you've chosen!" chenle exclaimed happily and me and jeno couldn't help but smile.

"oooh balloons!" jisung looked down while firmly grabbing the cart, just so he wouldn't fall.

"can we buy those with dog-shaped?" chenle asked. jeno turned around. "no."

"what about the poop ballon?"
"no chenle."

"unicorn balloon?"
jeno sighed. "no."

"what about helium? it's the school's money anyway." jeno huffed exasperatedly. "chenle no!"

"then can we buy those like penny wise have?"
jeno pursed his lips, letting out a long and heavy sigh. "yes, it's fine." he grabbed a red balloon and tossed it on jisung's head. "happy?" jeno tilted his head as chenle smiled.

"okay here's more." jeno had small plastic of balloons and poured it on the cart, covering jisung's legs. "also some balloon letters." i mumbled and threw it on the cart too.

i grabbed the paper and read. "we actually don't need to buy a lot, since we can do decorations such as banners with our bare hands and use the art class." i remarked while folding the paper back.

"so can we buy helium?"

...

"wow you guys are back!" jaemin stood up and began to sprint towards us, his firm footsteps echoing in the gym. "let me help you princess." he winked at me as he grabbed the paper bags i had on my hands.

jeno scoffed. "get lost jaemin." he snatched away the bags and began to walk, making me and jaemin give a quick occasional look.

"you guys are back too?" i queried once i saw harvey laying on the floor, his stomach pressing against the floor while mirae laid beside him. they scrolled through the laptop and seemed very concentrated. "uh hello?" i kneeled down as they finally had their eyes on me.

"oh you're back. how did it go?" harvey sat up and took off the earphones he shared with mirae. "well. what about the drinks?" i asked. "the elders took care of it. lucas, jungwoo, and hendery."

"ohh, mm okay. are you guys preparing the playlist?" i asked as they nodded. "okay, just continue i won't disturb anymore." i winked and stood up as i jogged to the others.

"c-chenle! what are you doing?" i asked and snatched the plastic of balloons. he stopped blowing the balloon as it slowly started to shrink, making a putty sound. "what?"

"you're not suppose to blow them now idiot!" renjun hissed. "there's still a week till prom, we'll be blowing the balloons maybe 5 hours before prom starts." mark spoke making chenle frown. "sorry."

"you're stupid hyung." jisung rolled his eyes.

"hey mark, let's go and continue watching this compilation of cute animals." haechan grabbed mark's wrist, dragging him down the floor as they sat alone at the far end of the gym. so close to each other as both their eyes focused on the phone haechan held, both giggling and chuckling.

i smiled.

suddenly my attention was on chenle and jisung, chenle's usual loud laugh filled the room while they sucked the helium. "no!" jaemin screamed. "no stop wasting it!" jeno screeched and took it away from them.

"well wanna go nana? because i don't wanna be with these losers and we never signed up for this." renjun sighed as we both watched the disaster.

note: well it goes like this the fourth the fifth, the minor falls and the major lifts the baffled king....