12

NANA
12: a fight with you.

"i'm enjoying DNYL club so much. what about you?" i asked mirae who was nonchalantly kicking the rocks away that lie on the rough ground, grabbing her bag straps tight as she sighed. "fine too, i see you and jeno are very good friends." she remarked which made me nod instantly.

"yeah, to be honest i'm so happy we became friends you know?" i asked. she didn't answer and seemed like she was daydreaming, she was clearly not paying attention. "yeah, i feel like DNYL is 100% working for me. i'm slowly making progress of not caring about dean anymore." i spoke proudly and expected her to cheer me up, compliment me and say how good i was but no. she was just blankly staring at the floor with a small frown.

"hey?" i placed a hand on her shoulder. "what's up with you?" i asked. i sighed and rolled my eyes upwards, i know why she's acting like this and it's always the same reason. "have you been thinking about your ex again? xiaojun?" i asked which made her look at me with teary eyes.

"yah! stop thinking about him! i know you adore him but you have to move on. you can't love someone who doesn't love you." i said and wanted to hug her. we both stopped walking and i really wanted to pull her into an embrace, but something made me stop.

"isn't it the same with you and dean? stop telling me to stop as if it's very easy! you do the same exact thing with dean." she spoke with dreadful pain inside her voice tone.

i sighed. "i'm already moving... i guess." i mumbled the last two words.

"to be honest, DNYL is not working for me! it really isn't, it doesn't make me forget about him." she admitted which made me huff loudly. "yeah because you can't control to stop thinking about xiaojun. i know it's hard but at least try and practice. i know it would work if you be more hopeful and patient." i said and rubbed her back, softly and made sure she would feel better.

"stop trying to help me. what makes you think your tips would help me when you can't even confess to dean, and it's been almost almost 2 years now." mirae spat exasperatedly. those words were unexpected to be heard by her, especially when she said it to me. i felt my heart creak as i rapidly blinked.

"what do you mean?" i asked with a low and weak voice.

"i mean you're a coward and your tips wouldn't help me." she sniffed and dried the tears that was brimming out of her eyes.

"you're calling me a coward? i'm not a coward mirae." i said as i felt my blood boiling inside me, my hands were slowly fisted as my nails sank down my skin.

she leaned close to my face. "prove it to me, and i know you can't." she whispered very low. she turned around and commenced to run away from me, wiping her tears and left me broken.

i couldn't believe what just happened. i didn't want to believe what painful words that came out from mirae's mouth, but i know this is reality and she actually didn't mean it. i've never seen her act like this, she had never been so infuriated at me. maybe she was just too devastated about xiaojun leaving her.

a fragile tear suddenly escaped my eye. "but i can prove that i'm not a coward." i mumbled to myself and started to walk the opposite way.

note: okay y'all sorry this sucks hahahahah!