27

NANA
27: prom preparation.

i walked inside the school gym with a small backpack while carrying a tired face. i blinked rapidly and looked around, noticed how the gym looked more decorated with banners, desks, speakers and a DJ area. i spotted the others at the far end of the gym as always. as i made my way up there, they waved and waited for me to arrive.

"oh hey nana! what's some?" a deep voice spoke. i stopped my tracks and turned my head around to see who it was.

it was wong yukhei, or everyone just calls him lucas. his on another grade, but older than me. he tossed me a mars bar as i caught it, smiling at him. "thanks lucas." i thanked and didn't actually realized he was part of the prom preparation.

"i don't really see you around here..." i spoke and started a conversation with him. i don't really speak with him often, we usually just exchange smiles but he seemed nice.

"i really wanna help, but my hyungs always thinks i ruin everything." he spoke with a low voice and turned around to look at his friends, huddled up while trying to fix the broken speaker. i chuckled. "huh, let me guess... you're the one who accidentally broke the speaker."

my words made his eyes dilate. "how do you know?!" he asked a bit frightened, starting to be suspicious and probably thought i was an alien. "i just can..." i paused. "see."

"that's creepy." lucas took a step back. "well you're like chenle." i mumbled and smiled at him, started to walk my pace and waved. "bye, thanks for this mars bar again."

"no problem, now i have to help the others." he said and ran back to jungwoo and jaehyun.

"hey you're here!" jeno exclaimed happily when i reached them. "yeah, still kinda tired." i informed and threw myself on the floor, jeno joining me and laid beside me.

"well i'll go and check how renjun is doing in the art room. he's still painting the banners." harvey stood up and forced mirae to come, grabbing her hand and dragging her.

"i'm pretty sure he's soon done with it, jaemin came to help him." mark stood up and followed them behind, whilst grabbing haechan's hand.

i let them be and realized it was only me and jeno, peacefully laying on the floor. the gym filling a comfortable silence between me and jeno, only us since lucas and the others were bickering a bit loudly.

"where is jisung and chenle?" i asked jeno. jeno shrugged his shoulder and hummed. "i don't know actually. i think they are out somewhere, doing something stupid." jeno's guess made me laugh and smile.

"hey." he briefly cooed and tilted his head, now facing me. i did the same and blushed once our eyes met, our face so close that i could see every single detail on his. "yeah?"

"tomorrow. since i'm part of this prom preparation, i have to stay here because there's still more to prepare. but maybe i can still pick you up. what time are you ready?" he asked.

i blinked and almost forgot that we were going together in prom, my prom date was jeno. "no, i can just stay with you. i can quickly dress myself and help with this too. with you!" i said and was actually okay to stay with him. he doesn't need to pick me up.

"no!" jeno responded briefly. "i'll let you prepare as long as you can on yourself. mirae said she'll take you with, to get ready. harvey let her stay and prepare as well... so i'm letting you prepare with mirae." jeno smiled and all i could do was smile.

"oh." i spoke. "yeah uhh, you can pick me up at 5:30. prom is starts at 6 right? yeah, i can maybe even help before it starts."

"okay, 5:30? yes sounds great." jeno smiled. "but i'm not sure, maybe it's only harvey who's gonna drive you here. unless if it's not busy i'm coming with."

note: i got so scared because a notification that said "johnny video call arrived". my heart skipped a beat, i realized i didn't deleted the app called mydol. yeet!