33

NANA
33: a day for only us.

the next day, i couldn't stop thinking about that night and that specific time. it was magical, it was such a splendid evening. i feel a bit better that knowing the fact that me and jeno love each other, wouldn't make me worry about the thought that i had on my mind - that he never felt the same way. but i was still worried, worried that we were breaking the rule. what are we suppose to do now? hide it? i guess so, just like haechan and mark.

today jeno's taking me out, secretly almost like a small date for us. it's his treat, he just asked me earlier and now i was waiting for him to arrive. standing outside my house's porch, patiently tapping my shoe on the floor while waiting for him.

it's basically 6:00 pm. i wondered why he would be taking me out pretty late.

"have fun sweetheart~" my mother peeked outside the window, i smiled and waved at her as she continued baking cookies. "i wanna meet your boyfriend soon-"

"mom no he's not my boyfriend!" i interjected her, my mother rolled her eyes and disappeared in my sight. "be careful sweetheart, don't forget to come back home early." she protectively spoke.

finally, i saw jeno with a green sweatshirt along with baby blue jeans. he smiled and i immediately bounced and jogged to him. "hey jeno." i briefly greeted as i stopped in front of him. "so, what's your plan-" he hushed me and placed his finger on top of my red tinted lips. "shh, it's a secret. you'll see~" he teased and pinched my cheek.

"okay." i grinned widely. we began to walk as he edged his hand toward mine ever so slightly, until i felt his fingertips brush my hand. i unfurled my fingers and let his slip around mine until i could feel the heat of his palm pressed against mine own.

"let me give you a hint." he smirked as i looked up and hummed. "hmm?"

"we're heading to my house, doyoung hyung is obviously not home again."

...

once we entered his backyard, i studied it quick. jeno's backyard was on a slight slope next to the open woods, there was a trail that goes down to a creek in a gully, it was a really neat place. in his backyard there was a small herb garden too. my eyes then focused on a tree, very healthy with healthy leaves. my eyes drawn upwards as it sparkled when it spotted an extremely well built tree house.

"you built that?" i queried as he chuckled. "yes, with my brother ages ago when he used not to be this busy." he informed which made me nod, a bit pain since i hear that he wants to spend more time with his brother.

the treehouse was very impressive, very neat and seemed very stable. there were wood planks attached on the tree, so people could climb up the house. there was a small entrance and i couldn't wait to enter it. "let's go in." jeno frantically dragged me as he climbed up, strong and made sure he wouldn't fall. when he entered, he looked down at me and gestured me to climb. once i did, jeno reached his hand for me, i grabbed it and he strongly pulled me up and finally i was in the treehouse.

even though it wasn't the biggest, it seemed so cozy. it was a squared room, there was a window that was covered with very soft curtain. everything is obviously made out of wood. warm light strings hung like waves on the wall, very silky blanket was splayed on the floor while pillows and blankets came along. there were food, snacks and a computer ready.

"i thought it would be relaxing, just staying here with you, talk and watch videos." jeno said shyly, smiling while he pressed his back against the wall and grabbed a pillow, softly patting the area beside him. i obliged and sat beside him. "yeah this is very relaxing and cozy, i really love your idea~" i murmured.

he grabbed his macbook and placed it on his lap, picking a random video as we both watched while eating snacks. eventually this is how the night went, slowly the sky turned dark as we stayed inside the peaceful treehouse, eating, talking, laughing, fooling around, even watching videos. it's always fun being with him, every single hour, minute, and second. it's not waste of time, trust me it isn't when you spend your time with the one you truly love. i just love being with jeno, i can be myself when i'm with him and so can he. it's amazing how we clicked and we're already very comfortable around each other, that's also one of the reasons why i fell for him.

it was 8:30 pm. i laid on his lap, relaxing as his fingers stroke my hair, it made me feel so... relaxed. music playing on the background as the treehouse was filled with comfortable silence, music and jeno's humming.

"hey jeno?" i spoke, my eyes closed. "hmm?" he hummed, continuing to stroke my hair.

"aren't we breaking the rule?"

jeno stopped for a brief second, then continued. "yes we are nana." he spoke. i felt somehow stupid because it was obvious to see. "but you know what? screw the rule. i know we both love each other, nothing, or no one can stop us. even though breaking the rule is forbidden, i can't help myself... you do wanna continue right?" jeno pursed his lips and sighed. "or are you planning to stop.... l-liking me?" his words made him stutter whilst it made me open my eyes in instant.

"what are you talking about jeno?" i creased my eyebrows. "of course i want to continue liking you, no one can stop me." i said which made him sigh in relief.

"but i do desire to stay in the DNYL club." i spoke eagerly and bit my lower lip. "i do too nana." jeno said as i sat up. "what are we suppose to do then?"

jeno stared at my eyes. "we have to pretend and keep it a secret then. let's just hope they don't notice and we would last longer." jeno said which made me nervously tremble and nod. "i'm scared. i know it's not that scary, but i'm just very terrified that what if we get kick out? i don't wanna loose them, they're such good friends." i said worriedly.

"come here, everything is gonna be alright~" jeno cooed. he grabbed my arm and carefully pulled me close to him, i rested my head on his chest as he gave me his soft and warm embrace. squeezing me tight inside his arms while rubbing my arm. "we can do this."

note: have you guys listened to OH MY GIRL closer? i love it so damn much, i just discovered this year 2019 and it came out 2015 i'm disappointed at myself and i am soooo damn late!