37

NANA
37: exchanging classes.

"i can't believe you're still not done with your moomin painting, you overdo the details." harvey said as renjun gave him a death glare. harvey zipped his mouth and looked at him with a nervous expression. "i'm just impatient, i wanna see the results you know?" harvey said and renjun ignored him as he continued painting.

"isn't mine pretty?" harvey asked, showing us his art. i reluctantly nodded and hummed. "yeah... it's very very unique comparing to ours." i spoke making jeno sneakily chuckle. "i can hear she is lying." jeno exposed which made me slap his arm.

"what? so it's not pretty?" harvey frowned, renjun scoffed and rolled his eyes upward. "what do you expect? it's literally just a stick man with blue paint." renjun said as we all chortled including harvey. "okay i'll do more details with it." he said.

"i'll be right back." i said and took my palette with me, smiling and made my way towards the table where bottles of paint were. i grabbed the black paint, squeezed as they squirted down, thick and many. yes, i'm still not done with my sunset painting since the last few art classes, me and renjun would do the banners so it would be prepared in prom. now prom is done, we focused on our painting.

the door opened and unexpectedly jieun entered, grabbing his bag straps tightly as she looked around, a bit breathless. our art teacher glanced at her and smiled. "jieun, glad to see you but please remember to come early. now please take a seat and commence to freely paint whatever you want." the teacher smiled as she continued to read her book, sitting with her legs crossed.

my eyebrows creased as she walked towards the table where i sit with the others. i immediately placed the paint down and saw how jeno huffed, rolling his eyes and pretended to act like she was invisible. i instantly walked to the table again, my hands firmly grabbing on the palette.

"what are you doing here?" harvey asked as jieun sat down beside jeno, where i usually sit. jieun placed her bag on the floor and smiled. "don't you normally have art class at friday? why are you here jieun?" jeno asked and tried his best not to sound mean, but it clearly sounded mean.

"oh..." jieun could see that jeno didn't like it. "i got permission from her." she pointed on the teacher who sat peacefully while reading. "to exchange class, so normally i have biology now but i have that in friday and today i have art. i wanted to be with you guys." she grinned which made renjun and harvey smile warmly.

"great idea, we can get to know you more." renjun said.

i smiled as i deliberately placed my palette on the table, dragging jieun's attention. "oh..." she paused and stared at me. "you're here too?" she sounded a bit disappointed which made me worry.

"uh yes." i smiled as she gave me a small nod and smile. jeno cleared his throat. "yes she's in art class too and that's her seat, and will always be her seat." jeno pointed down at the chair jieun sat on, but all jieun did was pout like a puppy.

"oh... can i please sit here?" she pouted and gave jeno puppy eyes. jeno's blush seared through his cheeks and for a minute he thought his face was on fire. he suddenly felt awkward and averted his gaze from jieun, avoiding the question she asked.

jieun looked at me. "oh... yeah of course you can sit there." i said as jeno blink rapidly while staring at me, pleading me to say no but that was one of my weakness - saying no.

i grabbed a chair and sat beside renjun, placing my paint board and commenced to paint. but i didn't feel well, i admit i was jealous at the fact that they sat together. i know they are just sitting, but i just knew how jieun felt, how magical it was for her to sit right beside jeno. i wanted that position, i was the one who owned that position and feeling with jeno but no right now.

harvey and renjun as usual began to have their own conversation, normally leaving me and jeno out but now jieun was included.

"do you need any help jeno?" jieun asked as jeno shook his head. "are you sure? remember i always used to help you paint, because your fingers were always trembling and unstable?" jieun smiled at the memory, unexpectedly jeno did as well. it made my heart creak.

i blinked rapidly and watched them, biting my lip while i firmly almost squeezing the paint brush.

"you smiled jeno." jieun said which made jeno look at her, now his lips were in a straight line. "you do..." she paused and looked up, checking if someone was watching them, especially me, harvey and renjun. i was quick enough to look at my painting before she could catch me.

i could hear she let out a sigh. "you do miss it right?" she spoke in a very low voice but it was clear for me to hear. i started to think jeno was deaf because he was so close to her, but he let out his "ehh?" since he didn't hear her.

jieun gave him a weak smile. "i just said that if you need help." jeno looked away at her eyes and shook his head. "no." he briefly responded which made jieun frown.

she faced the other and the next second, our eyes met. she stared and gave me her expressionless face, after that i expected her to smile since i did, but no, she just looked away and commenced to annoy jeno.

note: i don't need your love - jeno to jieun.