35

NANA
35: new member.

after school, me and jeno were suppose to stay up his treehouse again, but harvey just texted all the DNYL members to meet at the second floor in room 87. so we did. once we entered the room, me and jeno saw the others already sitting on a seat. we arrived and sat beside each other, looked up and saw harvey nervously smiling at us.

"so you guys are all here." harvey spoke and looked down at his watch. "yes, we have an announcement to make." mark remarked who stood right next to the british boy.

we all patiently waited. "there's a new member joining the club, we didn't really expect it but it's gonna be new and fun. trust me, the more the merrier." mark said which made both harvey and him nod.

the others gave each other glances, occasional glances as if the same exact thought was in our mind. probably that we didn't want another member, we would want to say 8 together because it feels more comfortable and joyful. but of course harvey and mark couldn't just tell this person to get lost, it's their job, it's the club's job. a new member with a broken heart, our job is to slowly mend the person's broken heart together with ours.

"she should be here soon." mark glanced over at the window.

after a minute, the door opened which made everyone's attention drag on the lovingly girl coming in. i blinked rapidly and felt how my heart skipped a beat, she seemed very familiar. her face was beautiful, as beautiful as a flower. she was tall and skinny, pretty and so gorgeous. it made me question if it's even possible to look so pretty.

she closed the door, a bit breathless and licked her lips as her eyes met mark's and harvey's. "i'm terribly sorry i'm late, i got kinda confused with the rooms." she nervously chuckled, cutely which made even mark smile because of her cuteness. "it's fine." harvey said as he felt her presence, she stood right beside him.

"well would you please introduce yourself?" harvey said, gesturing to look forward as the new-face smiled at us. "yes of course."

everything about the girl was familiar, but i with couldn't really puzzle it. maybe if she spoke her name, i'll know her.

"my name is jieun, it's really nice to meet you. i hope we could get a long." she bowed and flashed a mysterious smile.

my eyes wagged as i automatically turned around, at the left side to see jeno. his eyes were as wide as mine, filled with confusion but most likely anger.

"well it's obvious that you probably experienced a terrible romance scene. we would not talk about that since it's one of he rules. i hope you would get along with everyone and hope DNYL would help you~" harvey said which made jieun smile.

why would she even attend the club, when she obviously know jeno is here. i know she's heartbroken and wanna heal, but isn't it clear to see it would be impossible, especially when your ex is in the same club.

at that moment, both me but especially jeno sat frozen. he had no idea what to do, he was confused and infuriated.

"i decided to give you guys a treat, since i'm new here it would be amazing to get to know all of you," she paused and eyed jeno, then me. "so is it okay if i buy you guys some ice cream?" her voice was soft and gentle, it made everyone smile expect jeno.

"yeah free ice cream!" chenle bounced up while pumping his fists on the air. "let's go, i'm fine with everything as long as i'm not paying for it." chenle commenced to grab his bag and ready to exit.

"sounds great." jaemin smiled. "let's go then." she said, she eyed jeno and i could see inside her eyes she desire to have eye contact with him, but jeno did his best to avoid her, even avoiding eye contact and holding far distance away from her.

i was uneasy with this.

note: oof anyway i wanna eat ice cream.