23

NANA
23: stuck in school.

it has unexpectedly been almost 30 minutes and we were still here.

"who leaves the useful damn key on the floor, before entering the goddamn attic?!" renjun hissed exasperatedly, running his fingers through his silver locks. "sorry hyung, i agree i'm stupid." chenle painfully frowned and looked down at his fingers, playing with them.

"you're stupid but cute." jisung complimented blankly which made the youngsters lock their eyes together. after a second jisung turned around and explored the attic.

the attic was dark gloom. the wind would often screech through a tight gap in the old window, the reason why the attic was as cold as ice. the floorboards would creak every time you took a step whilst something smashed to the ground; it was obviously an object falling off one of the many packed up boxes. it was unexpected wide and every time time you took a step, it was like expanding spaciously by its own.

"stop scolding him renjun, it's okay chenle." jaemin came and supported chenle, rubbin his back.

mark and mirae tried to find a solution, while harvey and haechan chit-chatted, standing by them. jeno glanced at me and smiled. "hey are you doing okay? are you fine?" he asked a bit worried.

"mhm, i'm fine." i spoke and slouched down a dusty couch. he sat beside me and side. "i can't believe we are all stuck in here, it's quite annoying but funny... imagine thinking back about this, i'm sure it wouldn't fail to make you smile idiotically." jeno's words made me smile like an idiot. "that's true." i said.

suddenly, like a roar from a dangerous tiger was heard above our head, practically a sound from outside. it was as if something just exploded as rain began to pour vigorously. i gulped and hugged my own legs, placing my chin and felt the awkward silence between me and jeno.

"are you excited for prom? two more days then it's prom~" i excitedly asked him. he smiled and nodded. "as long as i'm with you, it'll be fun." he stared into my eyes, not averting and felt like our eyes were forced to stare into each other.

"t-thanks?" i spoke questionably, shrugging my shoulders carefully while shyly smiling. "ehehe." jeno chuckled and let his finger pinch my soft crimson cheeks. "you're so cute you know?" jeno complimented which made me even more red.

i liked this, but at the same time i wanted it to stop. i really did.

"hey nana?!" mirae shouted my name. it made me and jeno immediately scoot a bit away from each other, then eyed her standing in front of the door with her hands wrapped around her waist. "uh yeah?" i answered.

"do you still keep that bobby pin in your pants?" mirae's words made my eyes widened once the realization hit me. i stood up and went to them, jeno following me behind. "i guess so.." i mumbled and forcefully tuck my fingers in my pocket jeans, then i and felt something metallic and pulled it out. "mhm i still have it!" i chuckled as a memory flashed through my mind.

i remember mirae stole this from the teacher and gave it to me. i never really used it, but it would be so helpful now.

"brilliant!" haechan said and watched how mirae grabbed it.

all of us, DNYL members huddle together and watched how mirae attempted to open the door with the silver bobby pin.

she inserted the pin, deliberately and carefully as it went deeper in. she slowly twisted it, then... click creak. all of us gasped, waiting for her to unblock the vision of the keyhole.

"did it w-work?" harvey stuttered as mirae properly stood up, turning around with a broken bobby pin on her hand. "unfortunately no, it got stuck and broke." mirae gritted her teeth and hoped no one was gonna attack her.

"noooo!" renjun whined.

jeno let out a hiss, sighing and briefly tilted his head. "screw this door." jeno grumbled and we all knew that we should step aside, give him more space.

he fisted his his hands. he took a small step and lifted his foot, firmly letting it contact with the door with energy as he kicked it very vigorously. the door opened forcefully, swinging as the locks were now broken, finally it was open again.

i was stunned and didn't except him to be that strong. i find it very attractive.

"you could have done that earlier?" renjun spoke and went out, the first one to step out. we finally exited all as chenle grabbed the key that laid down the floor, lonely and sad.

"oh my god, guys look outside." renjun seemed worried while staring out a window. we all stood behind him and watched in utter shock. "holy shit." harvey spoke.

first, the inky darkness sank into the marrow of one's bones. this was followed by attacks of lightening bursting on the streets, and steadily made its way from one end of the city to the other. sometimes flashing bolts of pure energy seem to stand for long moments around certain buildings. temporarily, they held prisoner all the people inside, dangerous cell bars of heated light. count one, count two, count three, then, came explosions of thunder in great waves of discordant and demented sounds. the noise level became so intense that it rattled picture windows, and made me tremble inside my chest cavity. the wind raised to the level of a thousand howling hounds. no one seemed able to speak, because fear transformed intelligible words into agonizing moans and groans.

"there's no way we are going out there, we could die." mirae spoke with quivering voice as a lightning stroke down, making all of us wince.

"where do we go now?" i spoke and turned around, frowning as jeno let his fingers run through my hair. "why don't we stay here?" jeno asked, making us fall into silence.

but chenle had to break it. "what about i call my parents? they can drive all of us home." chenle pulled out his phone, but harvey smirked and lowered his hand down. "yeah, why don't we stay here?"

harvey looked around, seemed so oblivious at the fact that we were stuck in school, gates were probably closed while there's a storm happening outside.

"it wouldn't be that bad right?" mark smirked and jumped on harvey's side. "w-what?! what if this is i-illegal." jisung muttered and bit his lips that were shaking. "it's not, it'll be fun!" chenle exclaimed happily as expected. he's always someone who wants fun.

"yeah it'll be lit running around while it's night time!" jaemin and haechan winked at each other when they both had the same thought. "yes, it wouldn't be bad being stuck with you guys~" mirae spoke softly, giving us a smile especially harvey.

"i'm fine with it." jeno said as i nodded. "me too." me and jeno both looked at each other frantically, excited about the idea.

renjun chuckled nervously. "what?" he gave us a dead serious face. "there's no way i'm allowing myself to be stuck in this horrible school with some losers." he crossed his arms. he always had to be the one who's negative.

"fine, go out and die while thor strike lightning right on your face." chenle spat making jisung chortle. "chenle you're so hilarious, i love you~"

renjun sighed and began to walk, he had nothing to do but stay unless he wants to go out soaking wet, probably worst even get attacked by lightning.

note: my crush looked at me with wide eyes and shook face when i was trying to eat the whole banana :( i don't like it when he has dirty mind!