chapter 12

It was the next day and I was already settled in. I was suggesting that the girls come and stay at my house with me but Lorenzo refused, he said that it would be better for the girls to stay in an environment that they are familiar with and also they have all their stuff here. So I didn't bother to argue with him. I also told Hazel that I wouldn't be in for a few days and she didn't mind one bit.

I was laying in bed listening to some music whiling humming to the sounds. Listening to music relaxes my mind and keep me from thinking about Lorenzo. The girls were asleep so until they wake up from their nap, I'll find things to occupy my time.

Not few minutes had passed and I heard Amelia crying. I removed my AirPods then placed them to the side. I quickly got on my feet then made my way down the hall to Amelia's room.

"Hey, pretty girl" I cooed and she looked up at me. She started getting fussy so I picked her up. I lightly patted her back and she quiet down. "Let's go get sissy" I said as I made my way to Mia's room.

"Sissy is not awake yet" I whispered then walked over to her. I smiled when I saw her cuddled up with her blanket with her teddy bear in one arm.

"Mia" I whispered while brushing her hair with my hand, her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at me and smile.

"Momma Morn in" she said then sat up and rubbed her sleepy eyes. She got out of bed and hugged my legs. "Where is dada?" She asked and I sighed.

"Daddy had to leave for work baby" I said and she slowly nodded

"Daddy had to leave for work baby" I said and she slowly nodded. Mia's face sadden and a small pout started to form on her lip. I didn't know exactly how to tell her without breaking her heart.

"Dada didn't say bye bye" she sniffed and I started rubbing small circles in her back.

"He did say bye bye, he came into your room and gave you a kiss on the forehead. He didn't want to wake you but you'll see him soon" I assured her and she nodded then smiled. "What are we going to do today?" I asked myself while staring up at the ceiling.

"How about we go get something to eat at a cafe?" I asked and she nodded then clapped her hands. "Ok let's get you girls ready then" I said then stood up.

______

I gave the girls a bath then got them dressed in something cute. After doing so I made Amelia a bottle then packed a few things for both the girls. "Okay, now it's my turn to get ready" I said then went back up to Lorenzo room. I placed Amelia down on the bed then laid a few pillows around her so she wouldn't fall off. "Mia sit here, I'm going to have a shower okay" I told her and she nodded. I began removing all my clothes but leaving on my bra and lace pantie.

"Momma what are those?" Mia asked while pointing at my neck. "Did you get hurt?" She asked and I shook my head then grabbed my shirt and covered my exposed neck.

"I didn't get hurt, it's nothing" I said and she continued to stare at me then shrugged. I walked into the bathroom then leave the door open so I could see the girls.