Last Day (Chapter 17)

January 5, 2019
Sophia's Pov

I'm so sad. I'm leaving New York. My last gig was this morning.

Grayson and I are doing...ok? We haven't ripped each others heads off. We also haven't ripped each other's cloths off since that night. But we're closer now. We can actually be in the same room.

Ethan and I are still best friends. But he doesn't know what happened between Grayson and I. No one does. Chloe is still a little mad at him for not telling her about what happened to me. But she shouldn't be. It wasn't his place to tell so he didn't. True best friend.

Chloe and I still aren't talking. Since most of our gigs were the same we just avoided each other.

"Sophia!"

"Shut up Grayson. People are sleeping."

"Why would people be sleeping?"

"I don't know. Maybe because it's 5 in the morning."

"True. But come one, the private jet is almost here."
...
"The plane is leaving in five minutes."

"Thanks Ethan."

Grayson grabbed my carry on and we went to our seats. All our seats were close to each other, and there were two couches.

"Passengers. Please put your seatbelts on and put your phones away till we are at 10,000 feet which will take about five minutes. We should be arriving at your drop off in five to six hours."

An hour through the trip

Ethan and Grayson were asleep on one of the couches. I gut up to go get a cherry temple.

"Here." Chloe said as she handed me the jar of cherries.

"Thanks."

I went and sat on the couch. Of course Chloe followed me.

Play the song now

"Can we talk Sophia?"

"It's not like I can leave. So shoot."

"Look. I'm sorry. I didn't know. But why didn't you trust me enough to tell me? You told Ethan."

"Chloe. Did you not listen to me when I told you what happened to me. I can't trust my own parents. How am I supposed to trust other people? And Ethan only knows because we were both in the hospital when we were 14. The summer going into high school."

"Why were you both in the hospital?"

"Ethan had a broken leg because of his skateboard. He's a klutz. And I was in the hospital fighting for my life. Because as my parents were getting arrested my mom broke out of the cuffs, ran back in the house, she grabbed Claire who was barely eight years old, and my mom got ready to throw her out of the 2nd floor window which was right over pointy rocks. I stopped her. But in the process, I got thrown out. I broke many ribs, a leg, an arm, and got a concussion. My mom didn't care who she hurt. As long as she hurt someone. I had to fight for my life that summer because I kept flatlining."

"Sophia...I...that uhm..."

"Ethan's room was right next to mine. He had to spend a while in there because he got a bad concussion when he went flying off his skateboard. We ended up talking. Becoming best friends. And after he left he came back everyday to visit me so I wouldn't feel lonely. He spent four weeks in that hospital. I spent 10 weeks in that hospital. The day I got out I went to Ethan's house and spent the night. That's the day I met Grayson. Later that night Grayson fell asleep during the movie we were watching. I got up and went to the restroom. But when I saw myself in the reflection I could see my bruises, and marks and then I saw my parents resemblance in me. I ended up having a panic attack. I didn't even hear Ethan yelling my name or when he broke the door down. He held me. He let me cry. For the first time...I felt like someone actually cared about me. I told him everything about my moms punishments, my siblings, the night of their arresting, my grandma saving me. The only detail I left out was that my dad didn't rape me once. He rapped me multiple times. It made me feel like I was finally free after telling someone. But I hated feeling weak. So I haven't told anyone else. But now you and Grayson know. People in my family didn't even know that my father rapped me multiple times. They thought it only happened once. But it's time I tell them. I'm telling them when I get home."