Ahkmenrah x Male!Reader: Oblivious

You checked your suit in the mirror, straightening your tie for the umpteenth time.

"Relax kiddo, you'll be fine." Your father assured you. Your dad, Larry Daley, had retired from being the night guard at the Museum of Natural History and as his eldest son you were offered the position before anyone else. You jumped at the opportunity and now you were getting ready for your first night. You knew about the museum's little secret, but you had lived with your mom so you never got to visit that much. You knew all of the exhibits, but only met a few of them, including a certain Pharaoh. Your heart fluttered at the thought of seeing Ahkmenrah more often. Everyone knew that you had a pretty big crush on him except the Pharaoh himself. On one hand, you thought his obliviousness was cute, but it could also get pretty frustrating. You were suddenly snapped out of your trance by your younger brother Nicky.

"Hey dork, stop checking yourself out. We gotta go!" You scoffed and threw an elbow at his head, which he dodged and laughed at. You tried to chase him, but your dad caught you by the back of your shirt collar.

"Calm down there, you don't need a criminal record on your first day as a night guard." He smirked. "Besides, I'll get him later." You snickered as he let go of you. "Now come on, you can't be late for your first day! Nicky, we're heading out!" Nicky shouted a reply from where he sat in front of the TV. As you wound through the busy streets of Brooklyn, your dad reminded you of the many rules you needed to remember. "First thing you do is—"

"Lock up the lions or they'll eat me."

"Right. Then you need to—"

"Pull down the cage over the Mayans, right. Dad, I've got this." You assured him as you pulled up in front of the museum.

"I know, kiddo, I know." He said as you got out of the car. "Have fun on your date!" Your face immediately heated up.

"Dad!" You exclaimed. He quickly pulled away from the curb. You could hear cackling as he drove away. You shook your head and sighed. Then you turned on your heel and walked inside. The museum had already come to life. Teddy and Sacajawea were riding around the foyer, and Rexy chased the small car that Octavius and Jedediah were driving in. You dodged and ducked around exhibits as you made your way to the information desk. You pulled open a drawer and fished out a ring thick with keys. You quickly made your way to the African exhibit and closed the doors, dodging the massive paws that swiped at you as you locked it. Then you walked to the Hall of Miniatures, a thick hockey glove on your left hand. As soon as the Mayans saw you, they began to fire their miniature arrows at you. You deflected them with the hockey glove as you pulled down the plastic barrier, latching it in place. You quickly made your rounds, and soon found yourself sitting at the information desk, playing Candy Crush on your phone. You were so engrossed in your game that you didn't notice the boy standing in front of you until he cleared his throat. Your head snapped up and your eyes widened.

"Hello, Y/N," Ahkmenrah greeted with a smile on his face.

"Ahk!" You fumbled around with your phone as you stood up, a blush staining your cheeks. "Hi." You said lamely after an awkward moment of silence. He laughed, and your heart sped up at the sound.

"How's your first day going?" He asked politely.

"It's been great, actually," You answered. You decided to try and slip another hint into the conversation. After quite a bit of consideration, you decided to give it one last shot. If he didn't pick up on it this time, then maybe it just wasn't meant to be. "But it would be better if I got to spend a little more time with you. We should try to hang out more." You mentally crossed your fingers.

"I agree, we haven't had much time together lately," Your mood lifted. "I would really like to further our friendship." Your mood plummeted.

"Yeah, me too," You tried not to sound too depressed. You noticed Teddy waving at you over Ahkmenrah's shoulder. "Excuse me." You said, and twisted through the crowd until you reached Teddy. "What's up?"

"Just tell him, Y/N, it's starting to get kind of depressing." He told you bluntly.

"What?" You asked.

"Just tell Ahkmenrah how you feel. He's a bright lad, but he's still pretty dense." You sighed and decided to stop beating around the bush.

"I don't know, Teddy, what if he doesn't feel the same?"

"What if he does?" He looked at you with a suspicious glint in his eye. You sighed.

"Fine, I'll tell him." He patted you on the back encouragingly and Texas nudged you in Ahkmenrah's direction. You made your way back to the information booth deliberately slow. "Hey can I talk to you in private for a minute?"

"Sure, we can talk in my tomb." He led you through the halls until you were both standing by his sarcophagus. "What do you need?"

"Uh, I don't really know how to put this, so I'm going to say it like it is." He looked at you quizzically. "I like you, Ahk." His eyes widened. "More than a friend." Ahkmenrah's face turned red, and he look down at his sandals. You took his silence as a rejection. "And I know you probably don't feel the same way, so I'd appreciate if we acted like this never happened. You turned to go, but you were stopped when you felt a hand grasp your coat sleeve. You turned back to the Pharaoh, who was now looking at you with a determined face. Before you could ask what was going on, he took a step forward and boldly pressed his lips to yours. Your eyes widened, but they quickly closed as you gently grasped him by his waist. And as he wrapped his arms around your neck, neither of you noticed the two miniatures snicker and race off back to the foyer.