Kahmunrah x Reader: I Remember You

You're it!" You jabbed Kahmunrah's shoulder as you took off, shrieking with laughter. You heard him yelling after you as you darted through the streets.

You grinned over your shoulder as you turned a corner.

You didn't even see the man until he already grabbed you. Your eyes widened and you tried to fight the grip on you. A hand slapped over your mouth and your abductor pulled you behind a wall. You heard footsteps approach and gradually stop. "Y/N?" Your heart sped up and you fought even harder. Kahmunrah called out again. "Y/N? Where are you?" You wanted to scream out, to tell him you were so close. "I guess she went the other way," He mumbled to himself.

You heard the footsteps move away, and you sagged in defeat as the man pulled you away.

You wouldn't see Kahmunrah for another sixteen years.

...

You were shoved and jostled around the busy marketplace, trying to pick up the groceries on the list your mistress gave you. Putting the last of the items in your basket, you turned around and began making your way back to the palace.

After you were abducted, you were sold at a slave auction to a high ranking lord and lady.

They were invited to the palace for a royal banquet, and as one of the lady's handmaidens, you were brought along as well. You walked through the servant's entrance and made your way to your lady's chambers, keeping your eyes on the ground. You didn't run into anyone on the trip until the very end.

You were staring at the ground until a pair of sandaled feet came into view.

You froze, unsure of what to do. It was improper of you to look up, but it was also improper of you to just around the stranger. You both stood in silence.

"Don't you need to be somewhere?" The voice drawled. You nodded minutely.

"Yes, my lord." You squeaked.

"Well?" He paused. "Get out of my way." He whispered. You nodded, bowed, and scurried away. You looked over your shoulder, curious about who you'd run into. He was carrying a dagger and was moving towards the young prince's chambers.

But that wasn't the most shocking thing about him.

He had the exact same gait as when he was a child, and he even carried himself the same. You forgot your place, and it slipped out before you could stop yourself.

"Kahmunrah?" He froze and turned, suddenly stalking back towards you.

"How dare you forget your place?" You held your hands out, praying he'd remember you.

"Y/N!" You shouted. He froze.

"What did you say?" You were breathing heavily.

"M-My name." You clarified. "It's Y/N." He didn't answer. "I don't know if you remember me, but—" His arms were suddenly locked around you. Your basket and his dagger clattered to the floor.

"Y/N?" He asked. "Is it you?" You nodded slowly against his shoulder. "What happened? Where did you go?" You sniffled.

"A slave trader grabbed me." You explained. He held you tighter.

"I should've looked for you." He said. "I was right behind you. You must've been so close." You didn't answer at first.

"It doesn't matter," You told him. "It's in the past."

"Have you been here the whole time?"

"I'm here with my mistress for the banquet."

"Well that's it. You're staying here at the palace."

"Kahmunrah—"

"No arguing." He held a finger up. "You're not leaving my sight ever again." He turned you around and guided you back down the hallway.

The dagger and basket were forgotten on the ground.