Jedediah x Reader: Tour Guide Part 2

When you woke up the next night, you immediately left your exhibit for the foyer. You pressed yourself to the wall as you made your way through the halls. As you wandered, you greeted exhibits as you passed them. You turned down the hall and studied the walls. Then you took another turn. And another. And another.

And soon you had no idea where you were. "Oh, crap." You mumbled to yourself. You studied your surroundings helplessly, before choosing a direction to start walking in. "Hello?" You shouted as you walked. "Can anyone hear me?" Nothing. "I'm lost!" You groaned in frustration as you continued walking. After a few moments of silence, you could hear a noise coming towards you. Teddy rode around the corner. "Teddy!" You shouted. "Teddy!" But he couldn't hear you over his horses hooves. He rode to the end of the hall, turned the corner, and was gone. You deflated, turned around, and began walking in the direction Teddy had gone. You didn't see another soul for hours, and you had worried that you would end up getting frozen in the hall for the day. As the minutes ticked by you became more and more worried. After passing the same potted plant for the third time, you gave up, and accepted your fate. You slid down against the wall and wrapped your arms around your knees. Walking for hours on end had tired you out, so it was no surprise when you quickly dozed off.

...

You had no idea what time it was when you woke up. Stretching, you stood up. As you began walking, you heard a noise. You stopped and craned your head, listening. It sounded like...a car?

You crept out from behind the plant as a red car sped past. A few metres, a way, it squealed to a stop, spun around, and sped back towards you only to stop in front of you again. Jed jumped out of the car, ran around to your side, and before you could blink your face was being crushed against his chest.

"Are you okay?! Where have ya been?!"

"I got lost," You sheepishly mumbled into his shirt. He sighed and relaxed his grip. He looked down at you and smirked,

"Next time, wait for me." He told you. "I'll be your guide, okay? Just...don't wander off again. My heart couldn't take it," He laughed, but you could feel his heart racing. You nodded.

"I won't." You told him. "I promise."