Jedediah x Larry: It's a Date

"Gigantor!" Larry looked up from his paperwork, motioning for Ahkmenrah to turn down the music. "Gigantor!" Larry looked down to see Jedediah kicking his foot.

"Whoa, Jed." Larry crouched down. "What's the problem?"

"Some kid left their ice cream in the hall of miniatures!" Jed yelled frantically.

"...Okay...?" Jedediah rolled his eyes.

"There are ants everywhere and we can't hold them off much longer!"

"Oh." Larry said. His eyes widened. "Oh!" He scooped Jedediah up and took off running towards the hall of miniatures, motioning for his friends to follow. "Nicky, get the Raid!" Larry stared at the ground as he ran, stepping on any ants he came across.

"Drop me here!" Larry deposited the cowboy on his diorama, and he immediately started to dispose of the pests.

"Dad!" Nicky handed Larry the can of bug spray and ran to help. Attila was furiously smashing the ants on the floor with his club, Teddy was picking up miniatures and taking them to a safe spot, and Sacajawea was gently carrying ants outside. Teddy pointed to areas that were clear and Larry unleashed hell.

Which in this case, was a can of Raid.

Cheers rose from the miniatures as they reclaimed their homes. "I think this calls for a celebration!" More cheers rose, and exhibits began to move towards the main foyer. Within a few minutes, loud music was blasting throughout the museum. Larry turned to follow, but was stopped by something pulling on his pant leg. He looked down.

"Can you wait for a sec?" Jed asked. Larry nodded and crouched down. Jed nodded to something behind him, and suddenly Larry felt a tingling sensation, followed by a wave of nausea. Larry squeezed his eyes shut and waited for the feeling to pass. When it did, he slowly opened his eyes.

And found himself eye level with Jedediah.

"What the—?" He took a step back and stared up at a smirking Ahkmenrah.

"Don't worry, it's reversible," Ahkmenrah assured him before walking off towards the party. Larry turned back to Jedediah and crossed his arms.

"Really?"

"You can yell at me later." Jedediah motioned for him to follow him. "Come on. I wanna show you something." Larry followed him up until they were standing on the railing of the balcony that overlooked the foyer. Jedediah sat down and Larry followed suit, dangling their legs over the side. "Thanks," Jedediah said after a few moments of silence.

"For what? The ants?" Larry laughed. "That's my job, Jed."

"No not just the ants. For... for everything. I wanna make it up to you."

"You don't have to make up for anything, Jed."

"But I want to!" Jedediah protested. He sighed. "Look, I've liked you for a while, alright?" Larry stiffened. "Just, lemme take you out for dinner, alright?"

"How?" Larry asked. "We're in a museum."

"You know what I mean!" Larry laughed.

"I know, I know,"

"...So is that a yes?" Larry thought for a minute. Then he grinned.

"It's a date."