Ahkmenrah x Magic!Reader: Anchor Me

If there was one thing all the exhibits agreed on it was one thing.

Ahkmenrah was too precious for this world and had to be protected.

At.

All.

Costs.

So naturally, when Cecil, Reginald and Gus tried to steal the tablet, and hired guy willing to do anything to get it, you were pissed.

Everyone was making there way back to the museum, tablet in hand. The night should have been over. Literally. The sun was starting to rise.

How did things go from mostly wrapped up to this? Two brutes had grabbed Ahkmenrah, while Cecil tried to bargain for the tablet one last time. Or else they'd hold Ahkmenrah outside until the sun was up.

Oh, hell no. "Let him go." You said softly. Cecil turned, wagging a finger at you.

"That's not really how negotiations work, young lady," He said condescendingly.

"How's this for negotiation, then?" You snarled. Your eyes began to glow menacingly, and the cold winter wind picked up around you. You didn't feel it. Your gaze snapped to the men holding Ahkmenrah, and you felt a sick sense of satisfaction as their faces reddened and released Ahkmenrah, gasping for air. You turned to Cecil next. He stared back at you defiantly, but you could see by the clench of his jaw that he was also struggling to breathe.

It would have been so easy to continue pulling air from there lungs. You were so close to the edge, that darkness you had fought so hard against.

It was amazing how the concern for one man could push you over so easily.

But the love of that man also pulled you back.

You were snapped out of your trance, by a pair of hands on your cheek, tilting your face down to meet the eyes of the Pharaoh.

"Y/N!" Ahkmenrah shouted, concern in his face. "Stop! It's okay!" The wind around you began to wind down, and the three men began to breathe easier. "It's okay. Come back. I'm okay." He urged you. "They aren't worth it." The glow otherworldly glow faded from your eyes. "You're okay." He said once more, and the wind faded completely. As soon as Cecil and his lackeys got their breath back, they took off running. The adrenaline was running through your veins. Your hands were shaking, and you couldn't believe what you had come so close to doing.

"I'm sorry," You said softly. "I'm so sorry." Ahkmenrah pulled you close, resting his cheek on your shoulder.

"I know." You wrapped your arms around him and leaned your cheek against the top of his head. After holding each other for a few minutes, you went back inside the museum and helped Ahkmenrah get back into his sarcophagus.

As the sun rose you sat in the Egyptian exhibit, grateful you had someone keeping you from the darkness.