Teddy x Reader: Study Buddies

"Ah, shit!" You cursed as you dropped your car keys down the storm drain next to your car. You quickly pulled out your phone, turned on the flashlight, and crouched down to see if you could find it, but it was nowhere to be seen. Sighing in frustration, you stood up and angrily ran a hand through your hair. You checked the time. 8:00pm. You sighed in relief and dialed the number of your friend.

"Hello?" Larry answered almost immediately.

"Hey, Larry," You tried to sound cheery. "Are you still at work?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I dropped my keys down a storm drain. Is it alright if I come over to the museum for a while?"

"Uh sure," He said hesitantly. "But—"

"Thanks, Larry; you're the best!" You hung up, grabbed your schoolwork along with any valuables in your car (You couldn't lock it and didn't want to risk it) and began to walk towards Larry's workplace. When you turned the corner, you were taken aback by the bright lights and loud music coming from the museum. You raised an eyebrow, but approached the entrance nonetheless. You opened the door, only to throw yourself to the ground to dodge the skeletal tail swinging at your head. You stared at the lively foyer with eyes the size of saucers.

"Y/N?" You looked up as Larry ran over to you, helping you up.

"W-What is all this?" You asked breathlessly. He was silent for a few moments

"This is what I do. They-uh, this is going to sound crazy, but they come to life every night, and," He shrugged. "Someone has to keep them out of trouble." You slowly nodded, still slightly dazed. He chuckled at the look on your face. "Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone." He motioned for you to follow.

"Okay, but make it quick; I have a lot of school work to catch up on." He nodded. He introduced you to Rexy, who almost decapitated you, Jedediah and Octavius, who ran over your foot with their car, Attila, who you're pretty sure cracked one of your ribs after he hugged you, and Ahkmenrah, who told you how everything was able to come to life. After exchanging pleasantries with everyone, you turned and asked Larry if there was somewhere quiet where you could work on your mountains of work. After a moment of thought, he directed you to the main desk. He smiled apologetically.

"Sorry about this, it's the only place I'm allowed to let you sit."

"It's no problem, Larry. This is fine." He nodded.

"Well if you don't mind, I should get back to work." You smiled.

"Go for it." He smiled one last time, then turned and started yelling at two Civil War dummies. You laughed and shook your head, before putting your earbuds in and getting to work. You managed to make a lot of progress until someone tapped you on the shoulder. You pulled your earbud out and spun around in your chair. "Yeah?"

"Sorry to bug you," Larry said. He gestured to a man next to him, who nodded politely. "But I forgot to introduce you to one more of my friends. This is Teddy Roosevelt. Teddy, this is my friend Y/N." You stood with a smile and extended your palm for a handshake. Instead, he took your hand and gently brought it to your lips. You tried to keep a blush from spreading over your cheeks but it was in vain. Larry smirked and waggled his eyebrows. You glared at him.

"It's nice to meet you," You said politely. He smiled.

"Likewise, my dear." He smiled. An awkward silence settled over you until Larry cleared his throat.

"Well, we'll let you get back to your work." Larry said at last. Teddy looked at your massive pile of papers.

"What are you working on?"

"I'm trying to write a paper on—" You bit back a laugh as the realization hit you. "—On you, actually," Teddy's eyebrows rose. "But I'm having a hard time with it," You admitted sheepishly.

"Well, I'd be happy to help you," He offered. You bit back a smile.

"That would be great, actually." Larry pulled a chair over and Teddy sat down next to you.

"What do you want to know?" You opened your book and nervously tucked a lock of hair behind your ear while trying to ignore your racing heart.

"Well..."

...

Ahkmenrah stood to the side of the room with Larry as they watched the pair hunch over Y/N's textbooks. "Well they seem to be getting along just fine," He remarked. Larry nodded.

"Twenty bucks says they'll get together by the end of the month." Ahkmenrah chuckled.

"You're on." They turned back to the pair as Y/N laughed at something Teddy said. Larry smiled. This would be easy.